Tarp
    OMW or Dutch Wide
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies/ Dutch

Wait list?

Dear Adam or Jenny,

Have you ever thought of posting a wait list on here as a sticky so folks can see where on the list they are, who's gear is currently being worked on, etc? Would it be too much to try to keep updated?

Take care,
    Kirk

Images
    Would you rather have them working, or updating a wait list online?

Can you give an example of another small business updating a wait list online?

Seriously, the wait is worth it. When the package arrives, you will be most surprised and pleased. Hang in there!!!

Hammock
    WBRR
    Insulation
    Down
    Images
    I think an online queue showing outstanding vs. completed orders would give any vendor a huge edge up on the competition, especially so for this particular market.
    My Flickr photos Outdoors collection

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by more View Post
    I think an online queue showing outstanding vs. completed orders would give any vendor a huge edge up on the competition, especially so for this particular market.
    But would require updating on a very frequent basis, thereby taking away from productivity.

"All good things to those who wait." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    Would you rather have them working, or updating a wait list online?
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormstaff View Post
    Dear Adam or Jenny,

Have you ever thought of posting a wait list on here as a sticky so folks can see where on the list they are, who's gear is currently being worked on, etc? Would it be too much to try to keep updated?
    Isn't a scout supposed to be courteous and reverent? Courteous by sending a PM and asking and reverent of other's time by allowing them to work instead of worrying about petty issues like "Who's first?" and "Am I next?" and reverent of their business practices, whether you agree or like them or not. Just sayin'.
    Last edited by Hooch; 02-14-2012 at 08:55.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Hex
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Stock.
    Images
    personally i dont think a wait list is a good idea.

A small company like HG needs to have the flexibility and discretion to decide what gets made when.
    A list just opens the door to customers feeling disgruntled if someone gets something before someone else even though they placed their order first.

If you call and say your in a crazy hurry, i am sure they would bump you up their schedule.

As a small business, i know sometimes things change and i like having the discretion to shuffle things around sometimes.
    No customer wants to hear they got moved to a different time slot because someone else's work is getting done sooner.

Matt B

Hammock
    WBRR
    Insulation
    Down
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    But would require updating on a very frequent basis, thereby taking away from productivity.
    I don't think it would be too bad. Productivity already stops when a vendor takes time to send out shipping notices. If a system was put into place that updates both the shipping notifications and the order queue at the same time, then there would be zero loss of productivity and a net gain in customer satisfaction.

I don't personally have any stake in this or any huge desire to see it happen because I've already been through the Grand Agony of Waiting for Everything and I don't need anything now. I'm just saying that I don't think that from a software design perspective that it's too hard to implement and that given the number of threads dedicated to complaining about how long an order takes to process and ship that it would ultimately have a negative impact on the vendors.
    My Flickr photos Outdoors collection

I think it's fairly easy to email or call them if you're wondering on your wait time if it's outside the wait time they say to expect when ordering on their website.

You do know that these aren't huge companies and as you can tell, it's sometime overwhelming just handling everyone's order, let alone try to keep a post updated with the order of everyone's orders. Seems ridiculous to me.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    OMW or Dutch Wide
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies/ Dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    Isn't a scout supposed to be courteous and reverent? Courteous by sending a PM and asking and reverent of other's time by allowing them to work instead of worrying about petty issues.
    I believe I was being courteous by asking a question instead of demanding. A wait list could be updated whenever a large change is made once instead of answering 40 different pm's sent to them.

As far as Reverant, I fully respect Adam & Jenny's business practices but Reverant to THIS scout means spiritual and I don't believe this needs to come into question at all.

Maybe I made a mistake by posting my question here and not sending an email but I also didn't think someone would question my motive or integrity.

As a matter of fact, I know of a couple of small businesses (knife maker & leather worker) that keeps a running wait list. And just as the HG site states they'll work with you if in a hurry and both of the other businesses I refer to state that military being deployed will get bumped to the head of the line.

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by more View Post
    I don't think it would be too bad. . . .
    Y'all need to put on your big boy pants and be patient like adults for goodness sake. I know the idea seems like a foreign cocept in this day and age of instant gratification, but try it.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    OMW or Dutch Wide
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies/ Dutch
    I'll asked that this thread be locked since I seem to becoming public enemy number one for asking a simple question.

And just for the folks that want to question me, I'll let you know that after this post, I'll pm Adam and apologize for asking this question.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast