Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images

Bear Mountain Bridge, I like it.

The BMB hammock is set up in my back yard and I am very impressed. I don't want to make a real report until I sleep in it on the trail a couple of nights, which should happen next mid week, but my initial reaction is very good. I think I may have found that one hammock I've been looking for.
    Initially, I can say, I get no shoulder squeeze, and it's comfortable, though in a different way with my 20 inch wide pad in the sleeve. I think it's more comfortable that even my Claytors. Way more.
    Sorry Neo. Mule
    Last edited by Mule; 06-12-2008 at 18:22. Reason: add better title
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skskinner View Post
    The BMB hammock is set up in my back yard and I am very impressed. I don't want to make a real report until I sleep in it on the trail a couple of nights, which should happen next mid week, but my initial reaction is very good. I think I may have found that one hammock I've been looking for.
    Initially, I can say, I get no shoulder squeeze, and it's comfortable, though in a different way with my 20 inch wide pad in the sleeve. I think it's more comfortable that even my Claytors. Way more.
    Sorry Neo. Mule
    Hey that's good to know. My JRB bridge is my most comfortable commercial hammock. My DIY bridge might be a tad bit more comfy but it has no bug-net at this time. I traded my Treklight double for a Claytor Jungle hammock minus the tarp. I need to see if all the fuss is true about it that Neo has been saying.
    A non bridge double bottom hammock is about the only type of hammock I have not tried yet. I have my doubts about it being more comfy than my bridge. Will give a report soon.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FanaticFringer View Post
    A non bridge double bottom hammock is about the only type of hammock I have not tried yet. I have my doubts about it being more comfy than my bridge. Will give a report soon.
    Do you want to try one out? I'll let you borrow either my DD (bugnet) or my double bottom no name. You could try out the no name for longer - the DD, I'd need back a little quicker, maybe a couple weeks to a month.

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinFinn View Post
    Do you want to try one out? I'll let you borrow either my DD (bugnet) or my double bottom no name. You could try out the no name for longer - the DD, I'd need back a little quicker, maybe a couple weeks to a month.
    Hey thanks for the offer. The Claytor Jungle hammock is the hammock I was talking about with a double bottom.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FanaticFringer View Post
    Hey thanks for the offer. The Claytor Jungle hammock is the hammock I was talking about with a double bottom.
    The DD is very similar to the Claytor, just a little shorter in length. If you ever want to give it a try out, PM me.

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinFinn View Post
    The DD is very similar to the Claytor, just a little shorter in length. If you ever want to give it a try out, PM me.
    O.k thanks

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    skskinner, FF,

Glad tht you got your BMBH and that you preliminary review/feel is good.... It really is a "whole nuther" plane of hammock comfort.... Look forward to your post trip impressions.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_pan View Post
    skskinner, FF,

Glad tht you got your BMBH and that you preliminary review/feel is good.... It really is a "whole nuther" plane of hammock comfort.... Look forward to your post trip impressions.

Pan
    Pan and all, I am very pleased with it. I sewed some Claytor-like loops on the bugnet last night. Added maybe and ounce, but, as you said before, personal preference on a ridge line. I cannot wait to backpack with it next week. Mule

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skskinner View Post
    Sorry Neo. Mule
    yeah but you may sell it in the next day or 2 like a lot of gear you try lol
    neo
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    yeah but you may sell it in the next day or 2 like a lot of gear you try lol
    neo
    Neo,
    I understand how you say that. When I try something and I don't want it for myself or to lend to friends, I sell it. But this Hammock is different. I really do like it.
    The only thing I regret selling of all that stuff is the Speer Winter Tarp. Everything else needed to go.
    Mule

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast