Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Mamajamba w/pulls
    Insulation
    Mamaba & Yeti
    Images

Texas Posse - Cedar Hill State Park question??

I have a get-together to go to in April. I don't really want to go to the ground.

I've looked on the website but can't find any info. Does Cedar Hill State Park allow hammocks? Also any tips about hanging in TX would be great. Grew up there but never hammocked.

Thanky,
    -Sevens-
    "May the song of the LORD in your heart become a terror to the enemy of your soul."
    -Ray Hughes-

sevensonline.org

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevens View Post
    I have a get-together to go to in April. I don't really want to go to the ground.

I've looked on the website but can't find any info. Does Cedar Hill State Park allow hammocks? Also any tips about hanging in TX would be great. Grew up there but never hammocked.

Thanky,
    -Sevens-
    Where specifically are you planning on going in Texas? There are lots of options and tips vary by region of the state.

If your get-together is in the Metroplex, Cedar Hill is really convenient. Hammocks are allowed there, however, the tree selection is limited at the car camp areas. If you planned to arrive on a weekday, my hunch is you would find a place that would work for a hammock. If your arrival was on the weekend I would be less optimistic.

If Throkda doesn't see this thread, you may want to PM him. That's his home turf and he can give you some good tips and possibly site numbers to shoot for when you come.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Mamajamba w/pulls
    Insulation
    Mamaba & Yeti
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post
    Where specifically are you planning on going in Texas? There are lots of options and tips vary by region of the state.

If your get-together is in the Metroplex, Cedar Hill is really convenient. Hammocks are allowed there, however, the tree selection is limited at the car camp areas. If you planned to arrive on a weekday, my hunch is you would find a place that would work for a hammock. If your arrival was on the weekend I would be less optimistic.

If Throkda doesn't see this thread, you may want to PM him. That's his home turf and he can give you some good tips and possibly site numbers to shoot for when you come.
    Coolio! Thanks for the help. I'll PM Throkda now.
    "May the song of the LORD in your heart become a terror to the enemy of your soul."
    -Ray Hughes-

sevensonline.org

• + New Posts