DIY green gathered end.
    Tarp
    12x10 blue tarp.
    Insulation
    DIY 25* Peapod
    Suspension
    JRB triglide

Hammock #2 and cooking bag

I don't have a scale so I just came across a thread saying hancocks ripstop is 1.9oz. I originally thought it was 1.1 so I made a double layer.

Next up is a single layer 1.9 to replace the double layer. Not a big gram counter because I can't afford good stuff but this should be an easy way to drop the weight. Have to make up for my heavy peapod. Going to just hem all the sides and gather/whip the ends.

Second project is a bag to hold by my cooking stuff. Nothing fancy but it will keep it together.

Hammock
    BIAS Hiker Lite Teal/Black
    Tarp
    GG Emergency Shltr
    Insulation
    Leighlo UQ
    Suspension
    BIAS standard kit
    Quote Originally Posted by joemcc View Post
    I don't have a scale so I just came across a thread saying hancocks ripstop is 1.9oz. I originally thought it was 1.1 so I made a double layer.

Next up is a single layer 1.9 to replace the double layer. Not a big gram counter because I can't afford good stuff but this should be an easy way to drop the weight. Have to make up for my heavy peapod. Going to just hem all the sides and gather/whip the ends.

Second project is a bag to hold by my cooking stuff. Nothing fancy but it will keep it together.
    Hancock's ripstop is not 1.1. I haven't figured exactly what it is, but my guess is that it's either a "light" 1.9 or something slightly lighter assuming that some hybridized size exists. If you find out for sure, share. I'd love to know exactly what it is. I know I like it as a mix between light and strong.
    --
    www.buttinasling.com
    Now carrying the Mini Tattoo Stove!
    Light weight. Low prices. Great gear.

Hammock
    DIY green gathered end.
    Tarp
    12x10 blue tarp.
    Insulation
    DIY 25* Peapod
    Suspension
    JRB triglide
    I don't have a scale but o just finished sewing the hammock. I'm 6' 195. Final dimentions on this hammock is 118x58. 9'10"x4'10". On to the cookware holder!

Hammock
    DIY green gathered end.
    Tarp
    12x10 blue tarp.
    Insulation
    DIY 25* Peapod
    Suspension
    JRB triglide

Hard to see in the picture. It is about 12" tall. Has some pink yarn in a channel at the top so i can cinch it shut. Use it for my three cans for cooking and my MSR Pocket Rocket. One can is a Hunts tomato sauce can which holds about 5 cups of water i think. I put a pork and beans can into that can for storage with my stove inside that. Pork can is for drinking, holds two cups. Last can sits on top of the big can and was a soup can. Holds two cups of water plus dehrydrated single serving meal. Tuna fish lid with screw in the center is my lid. My pot cozy is made from a bubble wrap mailing envelope and an old stake i formed to use as a drinking cup holder.

How did i make the Can Holder? I just roll hemmed all four sides. Sewed one edge to the opposite side. Sewed the bottom together. Thought about sewing the dog ears in but decided that it worked as is.

No Picture for hammock but it is the same dark blue. Looks like a hammock I dont have it whipped yet but it will look the same as my other DIY in my gallery if interested.

• + New Posts