Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    Clark / Claytor
    Tarp
    Neo 12 X 12
    Insulation
    Cheap pad
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    i have posted on hammock forums when hanging in bad weather from my blackberry cell phoneneo
    I'm not hanging in bad weather, I'm at work, but you've motivated me to try posting from my blkberry!

As for rain: I've not been out in heavy rain, but I use the (out of stock) 'Neo tarp', so I should be OK!

The harder I work, the luckier I get.

I'm now back at home (Just a weekend on the AT, not a thru!)

Well the HH stock tarp did hold up, but only after I moved one side down. After my post the rain died down quite a bit. I did manage to keep the hammock dry enough, though I got positively soaked under my poncho when I went out to fix the pitch. Lesson learned: HH stock tarp needs both sides DOWN. No fooling around.

My hammock kept slipping down one of the trees a tiny bit at a time ALL NIGHT which kept waking me up. It gave me the feeling I was going to crash to the ground, but in the morning it didn't look like it slipped any visible amount. I'm not sure what was going on or what I did wrong and even tried re-tying it at one point. it was too dark and wet to figure out. I was glad that as wet as I was it was relatively warm. It was kinda fun hiding from the storm in my floating cocoon and posting on the internet.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiden View Post
    I'm now back at home (Just a weekend on the AT, not a thru!)

Well the HH stock tarp did hold up, but only after I moved one side down. After my post the rain died down quite a bit. I did manage to keep the hammock dry enough, though I got positively soaked under my poncho when I went out to fix the pitch. Lesson learned: HH stock tarp needs both sides DOWN. No fooling around.

My hammock kept slipping down one of the trees a tiny bit at a time ALL NIGHT which kept waking me up. It gave me the feeling I was going to crash to the ground, but in the morning it didn't look like it slipped any visible amount. I'm not sure what was going on or what I did wrong and even tried re-tying it at one point. it was too dark and wet to figure out. I was glad that as wet as I was it was relatively warm. It was kinda fun hiding from the storm in my floating cocoon and posting on the internet.

You might have been feeling the tree move in the wind. It is a fun feeling of up and down in the hammock and the tree sways back and forth. Scary the first time. Cool after that.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Hammock
    Homemade asym
    Tarp
    Homemade blackcat
    Insulation
    JRB Hudson River
    jeez that is alot of rain.

nope it was definitely slipping... it was steady for a few minutes and then there was a pop and the whole hammock shook... and it was only coming from one tree

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiden View Post
    nope it was definitely slipping... it was steady for a few minutes and then there was a pop and the whole hammock shook... and it was only coming from one tree
    I had that happen a couple of times in my early days of hanging in my HH. Exactly as you described. Don't know what caused it, and it hasn't happened again. It did startle me awake though.

Hammock
    HH
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Homemade Quilts
    I had a few of those pops too on my just finished AT section. I think its the knots tightening up on the rope to the rings in my treehuggers. It's the only thing it could be as far as I can tell...

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12