WBBB 1.7 DBL
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    Foam Pad
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Images
    Yes the red dot is the location. I have a metal fence post out there marking the trail about a mile from the north parking lot. Hit the trail, cross the creek, up the next hill and turn left at the fencepost. You will find the tarp with firewood about 150 yards in.

Find trees and wait for company to arrive.

TUMBLEWEED, I am sorry you are not making it, I had a great time scouting with you and you did pack in a chainsaw and cut up our firewood. We will sing your praises around the fire Friday night.
    We never fail when we try to do our duty, we always fail when we neglect to do it. -- Robert Baden-Powell

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DBL
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    Foam Pad
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Images
    I contacted the Marathon County Forest Administration, I will pick up the non designated camping permit today. For those who are going out tonight, I will try to come out and post the permit. I doubt any rangers will come ask but if they do they can call my cell 715-203-3161. We are legit for the hang.
    We never fail when we try to do our duty, we always fail when we neglect to do it. -- Robert Baden-Powell

Hammock
    Darien UL, Ridgerunner, DIY
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ,TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Quote Originally Posted by FatDaddy View Post
    I contacted the Marathon County Forest Administration, I will pick up the non designated camping permit today. For those who are going out tonight, I will try to come out and post the permit. I doubt any rangers will come ask but if they do they can call my cell 715-203-3161. We are legit for the hang.
    can you print and bring me a copy of the map of the area. ( the one you posted in here is fine) I will want to do some exploring while I am here... I will be hanging thursday night.
    "nature speaks in the silence between words"
    www.mustexplore.blogspot.com

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DBL
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    Foam Pad
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Images
    I will bring some print copies of the Forest Unit Map

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DBL
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    Foam Pad
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Images
    Attached map for those who wish to print their own, or put it on their phone...
    Attached Files Attached Files

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334343691.819046.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1334343760.179053.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1334343801.712533.jpg

So far Lonetracker, stargzr and Matt are set up and waiting. Weather is holding but a little windy

Hammock
    WB BBXLC and DIY
    Tarp
    UP
    Insulation
    DOWN
    Suspension
    30 DEGREES
    I wish I was up there. I am finishing work for my BFA show and getting ready for graduation. After the 24th I will be back out in the north woods again. I am also missing out on a trip next weekend. Hope the weather stays fair. I was really looking forward to sharing stories of my solo trip to the rain forest a couple weeks ago. Maybe i can make the northern hang. Have a great time everyone.
    Owner and guide at nowoutdoors.org
    www.meetup.com/Wilderness-Adventure-Group/
    https://www.facebook.com/NickAtNowOutdoors/

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DBL
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    Foam Pad
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Images
    Well I couldn't be happier about the weekend. I am going to miss folks because there were so many: Wiscoman, Butwhat2, Wisconsinwalter, SADLK, Skygzr, Rbinhood, Lonetracker, Lorax, RBDodger, (Rick), Ryan and FatTER Daddy were there. If I missed anyone else I am sorry.

I got in Friday night with Ryan and most of the folks were already in camp. We had a great fire, and Ryan and I perched our blackbirds. A little moist Friday night, but nothing too terrible. Some folks made backpacking meals, some made foil packs, Rbinhood made a cow on a stick. Rick and I had great coffee and Lonetracker gave us some CHIAGA(sp) tea.

Saturday Skygzr and others hiked about, WisconsinWalter had to go but not before making me jealous of his flint and steel, Ryan and I went into town for a Scout Service project and came back in time to make spears and wade in the creek. When we got back Lonetracker and Rbinhood were making fire Bushcrafter style. I am going to try to get photos uploaded.

Wiscoman and Butwhat2 bugged out Saturday, hope you are feeling better, Joe. SADLK had to bug out too but we gained RB Dodger and he brought me a YETI, so I tried it Saturday night... more later

Saturday night Ryan got a little smoke, and missed his buddies so I hiked him out around dark and came back to the Party Pad around 9. Skygzr, Lorax, Lonetracker, Rbinhood, RBDodger, Rick, and I swapped manly stories, and passed about treats in both solid and liquid forms. It was most enjoyable, had a bit of Irish Coffee before bed and ended up staying up chatting with Lonetracker until the fire went out.

The Yeti: I am a warm sleeper. So I typically have my old Army pad and a bag in the blackbird, by the time I woke up Sunday I had the Yeti under me, and an old poncho liner on top. I was cozy. So cozy I almost missed breakfast. I said goodbye to RBDodger from the comfort of my water proof haven. Then made oatmeal from the hammock (shug style) then lolligagged around. Lorax and Skygzr both took off. I left next with Rbinhood and Rick right behind me and We left Lonetracker...well... Lone tracking.

I want to thank those who attended, for the way you accepted my boy and the manner in which we shared. We shared food, knowledge, really bad jokes, and whiskey. I will talk to Roger this week, but this is going to happen again. We just had the "first annual". Thank you all for coming, I hope you liked it as much, pictures coming...and we will see you on the trail.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DBL
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    Foam Pad
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Images
    MEAL LIST:
    Friday Dinner: (Venison, Onion and Potato Foil packs) baked granny smith apples in tin foil with butter brown sugar and cinnamon and lemonade.

Saturday Breakfast: thick Sliced bacon and eggs, coffee (Ryan only fried up two slugs in the bacon... you couldn't really tell.

Saturday Dinner: Snoked Polish Kielbasha and Seasoned potatoes. vanilla pudding and lemonade... Irish coffee before bed

Sunday: got lazy made oatmeal, but ate it from the hammock.

Hammock
    Jacks-R-better bridge
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear
    Insulation
    JRB Top & Bottom
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Thanks

Thanks to FatDaddy and RB Dodger for organizing this hang. Also thanks to all who came and shared comraderie and good times. I enjoyed meeting all of the hangers and sharing stories.

Thanks to Lonetracker for the lesson in primitve firebuilding. I have wanted to try this for a long time, and Saturday afternoon proved to be the event. For those of you who don't know him, Lonetracker is a Class A bush crafter, who not only shared his firemaking skills, but a unique tea made from a fungus that grows on Birch trees.

I just finished hanging all of my gear up to dry, after a long soaker last night that lasted into the morning hours. Till next time...

• + New Posts
  • Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast