DIY, BB, Snipe
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutch n whoops
    Images
    Hi Diva. At times our kids surely put us through the wringer, don't they. Hope everything works out for the best and the MRI doesn't show more damage. Yesterday I spent the whole day at Children's Hospital with my daughter. She broke her wrist right at the joint and was in so much pain, it hurt to see her that way, made it hard on the dad. We finally got home about midnight, I slept on the floor beside her. We go back in a few days to see if surgery is necessary.
    We'll all be praying for Dakota's health, and like Bannerstone said, your maternal sanity.

Good luck,

Home Run

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DivaB View Post
    Out....don't know when our next hang will be. Dakota tore out his good knee and is in a straight legged brace right now. We get MRI results Wednesday to see what other damage there is that xrays don't show, which will tell us how soon he'll need surgery and if we can put it off a few weeks so that he can some how make it to his 8th grade DC trip, which isn't looking good either. Regardless, he is going through a really rough time right now, physically and mentally and will be laid up for quite some time. Have fun, keep safe, I'll be looking forward to a trip report.
    Hey Diva! Tell Dakota to keep his chin up! I know exactly what he is goin through. When I was 12 I had to have hip surgery to have pins put in my hip socket that was slipping out. I was on crutches for 6 months while it set. When I had them taken out I was on cruthces for a couple more months. It's easy to let yourself get stir crazy. Just gotta keep reminding yourself it's not forever.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1SL, 1.1SL traveler
    Tarp
    Edgespin,HGcubenPL
    Insulation
    HG Custom's x10
    Suspension
    Slings
    Best of luck to him!
    Ultralite Gear and Apparel

Lukesultralite.com

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    We gonna find that moon tunnel this time?
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Thanks everyone....I don't want this to be a thread hijack; I just wanted to keep others informed. Not only may DC not be a possibility (that is a short term thing), but the Military too. As most of you know he has already had his other knee reconstructed to "sort-of work" due to a heredity issue from...regretfully myself. Even being from a military family, with him being my only, the Military wasn't a dream of mine...but, for whatever reason it was for him. After Wednesday, I'll update and start a thread in the donating members off topic forum.

Thanks again so much....I'll share with him the warm thoughts, he needs it. I'll tell him to get his butt signed up here too!!!

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Quote Originally Posted by Home Run View Post
    Hi Diva. At times our kids surely put us through the wringer, don't they. Hope everything works out for the best and the MRI doesn't show more damage. Yesterday I spent the whole day at Children's Hospital with my daughter. She broke her wrist right at the joint and was in so much pain, it hurt to see her that way, made it hard on the dad. We finally got home about midnight, I slept on the floor beside her. We go back in a few days to see if surgery is necessary.
    We'll all be praying for Dakota's health, and like Bannerstone said, your maternal sanity.

Good luck,

Home Run
    Good Lord?!?! I will be praying for you and your daughter as well. Wow, so sorry to hear that

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    Diva and Dakota - we'll keep you guys in our thoughts.

Here is link to the thread from our hang last Summer at Zaleski.

Below is a map of the general area from that thread. For those that want/need to bring the kitchen sink, you can drop items off at the water access road so you don't have to hike them in.

One tip to those who haven't been here before is that the actual trailhead is 500 feet from the parking lot Southwest on SR278. You actually have to walk on the road for a short distance over a small bridge. The trailhead will be on your left. We had a couple late-comers spend nearly an hour trying to find the trailhead in the dark last year.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1SL, 1.1SL traveler
    Tarp
    Edgespin,HGcubenPL
    Insulation
    HG Custom's x10
    Suspension
    Slings
    Thanks for the map TOE
    Ultralite Gear and Apparel

Lukesultralite.com

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl xlc
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch bkls
    If you're unfamilar with the area, here's a general brochure worth printing off to help with driving in and out of the area. (starting location New Hope Furnace trailhead)

http://ohiodnr.com/Portals/18/forest...Broch_9HR1.pdf

This is the backpack/trail brochure that is available for free at the self-registration kiosk at the trailhead:

http://ohiodnr.com/Portals/18/forest...Brochure_7.pdf

Diva and HomeRun; the trail will be waiting patiently for you.

David

Hammock
    Traveler 1.1 sl/WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Dynaglide whoopies
    Images
    Bummed I can't come. Busy at work and the 2nd is my ladies b-day and the 3rd is our anniversery, haha, no way I'm getting this one. Can't wait til things slow down in spring.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast