Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    UGO 40* Zepplin
    Suspension
    Cinch bugs/straps
    Images

Just Ordered a Dream 90 from Dream Hammocks

I spent the last couple of days admiring them and the price can't be beat, so I pulled the trigger. 90" wide - I might be inching ever closer to that perfect flat lay! I ordered a RED one, simply because I always thought Ed Speer's Red Hammock looked cool. If the wife likes it, there will be a purple one on order as well.

I do have a serious problem, though. This will be my 9th hammock and I now have to use 2 boxes to store all of them now! My wife laughs at me, but since I can't play golf any more I figure I can swap a round of golf for a new hammock every now and then, right?

Sweeper
    Hiking & Hanging is therapy, and much cheaper than medication in the long run. Carry on.

Proud Member of the "Corps of Insanity" Hiking Group, 2000-2015. Semper Gumby!

Hammock
    Switch back 1.9
    Tarp
    Lawson HexaLite
    Insulation
    3-Season Incubator
    Suspension
    whoppie slings
    can't wait to see some pics.
    "The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection."
    Thomas Paine

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    You're definitely obligated to post pics, especially with you in it.
    I made a 67" wide hammock and thought it was a palace; I gotta we what a 90" hammock looks like!!!
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    BIAS WW Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    UGO 40* Zepplin
    Suspension
    Cinch bugs/straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    You're definitely obligated to post pics, especially with you in it.
    I made a 67" wide hammock and thought it was a palace; I gotta we what a 90" hammock looks like!!!
    Oh, I'll definitely take some pics and post them as soon as I get it!
    Hiking & Hanging is therapy, and much cheaper than medication in the long run. Carry on.

Hammock
    Crinkle Custom
    Tarp
    HH
    Insulation
    brrr
    Suspension
    Whoopies, Straps
    Review review review !
    "What one Man can do, another can do!"
    Jons4real

http://www.youtube.com/user/jons4real

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeper View Post
    I spent the last couple of days admiring them and the price can't be beat, so I pulled the trigger. 90" wide - I might be inching ever closer to that perfect flat lay! I ordered a RED one, simply because I always thought Ed Speer's Red Hammock looked cool. If the wife likes it, there will be a purple one on order as well.

I do have a serious problem, though. This will be my 9th hammock and I now have to use 2 boxes to store all of them now! My wife laughs at me, but since I can't play golf any more I figure I can swap a round of golf for a new hammock every now and then, right?

Sweeper
    Have you gotten your hammock yet??? We're still waiting on a review and pictures of someone in it

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Maybe we need a newer term than 'gearhead'. "Hammockbrain"? "HammockHead"? LOL

(OK, I've had up to 10, but I sold a few off to friends to make room for more!)

Hammock
    BIAS WW Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    UGO 40* Zepplin
    Suspension
    Cinch bugs/straps
    Images
    Ok, I know it's been several months since I purchased it, but here is my rather simple review. As Tiny E would say, Man, that is hu-u-uge! (SNL reference for old people)

My screen porch is 12' x 24' and as you can tell from the shot above it takes up a lot of space. Since the Diva didn't want me to put a TurtleDog stand in there I screwed some heavy-duty eye bolts into the header and hung it from that. It is not ideal, but it seems to work pretty well.

On to the hammock itself. As you can tell, it is possible to sleep on your side in this thing, as that's what I was doing when the Diva came out to sneak a picture of me. Once I heard her snickering, I had her turn it into an impromptu photo shoot.

If you are sleeping on your back, you have enough material on the sides to literally cocoon yourself to a degree. The Diva does this a lot when get gets in and sleeps with the ceiling fans on. For me, I don't do that, but I do find that if I pull up a bit of the excess fabric under my left arm it makes a great arm rest and keeps any shoulder squeeze from happening. Papa Smurf shows on his web site that you can turn completely sideways in this thing, and I show that is true as well in this next shot.

Bottom line, I haven't had a chance to hang it under a tarp, and I really think that I've only got one that might work, a WildernessLogic with a 12' ridgeline. Would I backpack with it? Probably not, but then again with as much fabric as is available as a gathered-end, channel hammock I might be able to turn it into somewhat of a bridge hammock using Red's method. http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=52094

A 12' Mini-Bridge Hammock might be an interesting thing....

Sweeper

• + New Posts