Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

20* Phoenix on Order

Considering all the great stories I have read on HF regarding customer service at hammock Gear, I didn' think I could add much more. i was wrong, of course. Last week I put in an order for a 20* Phoenix UQ. As I sat here waiting patiently for the quilt to arrive, I had a sudden urge on Friday to make a change to a custom color. I grabbed the phone and gave Adam a call. He informed me that he could make the change to my order with no problems, and it should not delay my anticipated arrival date. I suppose I should not be surprised, but still wanted to give the HG folks my thanks. Pics and review will be provided soon.

Images
    Excellent choice with the Phoenix!

The folks at HG have always provided outstanding service. I've read so many posts, heard stories, and experienced this first hand.

BTW - I heard if you mention that you "know Dutch" you get a discount and extra-speedy order processing.

Phoenix has arrived!

Received my 20* Phoenix UQ last night and couldn't wait to check it out. It is my first piece of down gear, so I was really excited and surprised at how light it is. I am not a gram weenie, but the weight and size difference between this and my CCF pad are significant. My boys had an OA meeting, so I did not get the chance to set it up with my BB. I took it out and let it loft up while admiring the craftmanship. I will hopefully get to use it tonight and post some pictures. Thanks Hammock Gear!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by patriothomer; 03-04-2012 at 18:53. Reason: Photos

Hammock
    DIY whipped end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear CF
    Insulation
    40* or 20* Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Congrats on the order! You will love this UQ, we have a first gen 20* quilt that is simply amazing. I didn't think that there was anything that could be done to make them better. Then yesterday I received my 40* second gen from Stormcrow yesterday and this thing is absolutely amazing! I love the new suspension, draft collars, and the tapered leg area. Adam certainly knows his way around a thread injector as the quality is top notch and the new ideas show his constant approach to make top quality gear!
    Progress is man's ability to complicate simplicity.
    -Thor Heyerdahl

More Pics

Went to Prince William Forest Park for the day with my two girls to play in hammocks and hike in the piney woods of VA. Good time to do adjustments to my setup. Heffalump (Cassandra, 10) and Woozle (Shannon, 3) had a great time hanging with their dad for the day. Phoenix UQ is very well made and design allows you to dial in to the hammock right where you need coverage. IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by patriothomer View Post
    Considering all the great stories I have read on HF regarding customer service at hammock Gear, I didn' think I could add much more. i was wrong, of course. Last week I put in an order for a 20* Phoenix UQ. As I sat here waiting patiently for the quilt to arrive, I had a sudden urge on Friday to make a change to a custom color. I grabbed the phone and gave Adam a call. He informed me that he could make the change to my order with no problems, and it should not delay my anticipated arrival date. I suppose I should not be surprised, but still wanted to give the HG folks my thanks. Pics and review will be provided soon.
    Where's the list of custom colors?
    -Stephen

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Great photos. Nice to see the kids out with you too!

• + New Posts