Hammock
    Eno Doublenest + Eureka chrysalis
    Insulation
    WL UQ+Bag4Chrysals
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images

Eureka Chrysalis - further anatomy

Somebody asked me to give a more detailed view of what the chrysalis hammock looks like. So I decided to make a sketch (in sketchup ) showing what the chrysalis hammock really looks like. I wanted to make that sketch anyway, so I could design a decent waterproof sling to put my down UQ into.

So, since I made them anyway, I decided I might as well share it too, perhaps some improvements can come from it.

If you need even more measurements, I suggest you visit Ber's thread: http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ight=chrysalis

I think he actually already made an improved version of it, which you can see here:
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=40253
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=40718

I was also very confused about what the head and foot-end was and ended up switching them around if you read up in Ber's thread. Apparently, the wider fabric piece in the hammock, is the footend. And the shorter fabric piece the head end. Sorry about that.

So without further ado, here come the sketches, hope they're of some use to somebody:
    General anatomy:

Measurements 1, inches:

Measurements 1, cm:

Measurements 2, inches:

Measurements 2, cm:

Storage area, inches:

Storage area, cm:

Disclaimer: These are by no means 100% accurate, but only as accurate as I could measure them. Also the storage area is how i would make it, it by no means reflects how Eureka might do it. And on a final note: Please do not abuse these sketches! I only put these sketches up to show my gratitude towards this forum in having helped me so much already with the abundance of information I was able to get from here. This is my way to give a little back and my only intent by sharing these is that these can be used to be improved upon by individuals and creativity will continue to blossom.

EDIT: I just saw I forgot to draw in the spreader bars altogether. If anybody is wondering, the spreader bars are almost in the middle of the panels that are closest to the storage areas. They're a tad of center going a bit more towards the storage area itself.

Btw, if anybody wants to send me accurate measurements of the newer chrysalis hammock, I'm more than willing to make a sketchup sketch of that one too, so we can see how they compare.
    Last edited by kreecher; 02-20-2012 at 08:56.

• + New Posts