Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Everybody loves the Hammock Gear Incubator...some just don't know it yet. There are a few that don't like it but they are wrong thinking, hard headed, pack sniffers.

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Incubator. Love it
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Images
    I can not choose. I absolutely love some things about several different UQs. How is one to really choose between these? Sometimes I think I have it figured out, but on another day I might change my mind. Not unlike my hammock choices.

Most days, I am very close to declaring myself a bridge hammock person at least by a slight margin. With the JRB BMBH, I love the JRB MW4 and 3 convertible UQs. I really can't imagine me bothering with anything else with this hammock, since the fit is always perfect and there is really nothing to adjust once you hang the UQ on the hammock tabs. No gaps, no leaks, every time. Nothing ever moves and I can not manage to move off of it, and never any suspension sag 6 hours into the night. Not every body can say that about their UQ/hammock combo, as many (not all) have to go through quite the learning curve. Plus, I have an easier time keeping covered with a TQ in this hammock than I do in many. So maybe this is my favorite? Could be.

But wait! Sometimes I choose a non-bridge hammock. If so, I can save some weight- even though synthetic- with my classic collector's item CS "Yeti". After a little learning curve when it was new, I can always be snug and warm in this. I can add or subtract layers of Climashield as needed for 40F or below zero. But, things have to be just right for it not to move off of my shoulder during the night, it is bulkier, and it is not as light as my MW3 convertible short. ( but, no real worries about moisture) So not a hands winner, but a real contender!

But wait! Non-bridge and wanting guaranteed no draft problems? My Speer PeaPod, especially used with my Claytor No Net(one of my go to hammocks anyway). Augmented with whatever warm clothing I have with me to stop any leaks from the face vent if I don't want it closed all the way or mostly. Or at most augmented with a summer wt TQ. No other approach gives me as much of a draft free guarantee as this, while also supplying some significant head warmth. And it is the hands down winner for being able to move around or put my legs in various positions( figure 4, frog leg, etc) as well as my arms, without risking a freezing draft popping up somewhere. Oh, side position also-- if anything it is warmer, but no drafts risked when changing positions while half asleep. But it can't be my favorite if I am going to have a BMBH as fav, so........

Now to really go out there with a quite dif approach from those which are most popular: Sense it does work for me, the HH Super Shelter. I started with it 5 years ago, and it has got the job done for me more than a few times even if it has it's down side and aint perfect like the others do. It has one advantage over all the rest, at least for me. No other from the factory insulation system has it's wind and water resistance, even used with a small tarp and even without a sheltered site and/or perfect tarp pitch and orientation. The undercover is equal to a lot of extra tarp, and is just part of the weight and price of the under insulation. Like with my CS "Yeti", I really don't have to spend to much time thinking about moisture with this, but with the added advantage of not having to worry much about wind, even with a small tarp. But, it pretty much limits me to my HH hammock, so.........

Hands down fav among those? Hard to say!
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 02-24-2012 at 13:19.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL Lefty
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4S
    Insulation
    HG Incu-Burrow
    Suspension
    War Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Law Dawg (ret) View Post
    Everybody loves the Hammock Gear Incubator...some just don't know it yet. There are a few that don't like it but they are wrong thinking, hard headed, pack sniffers.
    Ya!!! Don't be a Pack Sniffer!!! Buy the Incubator!!!!

Hammock
    TTTM single
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    sleeping bag
    Suspension
    rope and straps
    I do not have any underquilt at this time, but if time will come to decide wich underquilt to take, certainly to be Incubator one of niciest downy things I ever seen on internet.
    Ride fast
    Live fun

Hammock
    hammock
    Tarp
    tarp
    Insulation
    UQ
    Images
    For best fit/warmest w/ no cold spots: Speer Snugfit

Lightest weight (that I have used): Warbonnet Yeti.

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    I have an Incubator too and I loved it the first time I used it. I am also looking at LeighLo quilts right now. She's taking a break but has promised to be back soon with NEW designs!
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Hammock
    TX250, NX200, WBBB
    Tarp
    WBSF, Edge, Vertex
    Insulation
    Incu-Burrow!
    Suspension
    Camo w/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by L.D. Cakes View Post
    I have an Incubator too and I loved it the first time I used it. I am also looking at LeighLo quilts right now. She's taking a break but has promised to be back soon with NEW designs!
    I have a 20* LeighLo and a 0* Incubator. The LeighLo is great, but I think I like the Incubator better. That new shelf simply conforms to my shape better.
    My YouTube channel: Tool Dude Tony
    "No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    3/4
    Suspension
    Strap Cinch buckle
    HG winter incubator talk about down goodness

Hammock
    1.1 dbl ge double strech-side
    Tarp
    Tadpole/ Superfly
    Insulation
    HG- TQ,UQ- DIY PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie,D Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanging View Post
    What is everybodies favorite full under quilt
    The one that you have with you!!!!!

I am bias, as to the fact that the only UQ I have is a HG Incubator. Will be using it again tomarrow night.
    I'm a member of PETA!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast