Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images

Still waiting for my Fanatic Fringe Quilt

I ordered a 30 degree, Polarguard 3-D FF Quilt 14 business days ago on Dec. 29th, and am waiting on word that it shipped. I'm hoping it will come before the Mt. Rogers trip on the 26th.

Their website says "There may be a 10 to 14 day delay before your quilts ships, due to order volume" but it is unclear as to whether the 14 days refers to business days or just days. I assumed business days, since it wasn't shipped in 14 regular days.

I have allowed for the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday in my business day calculations. I've notified the company today via email that I would really like to have this quilt for my trip, and have asked to have the shipping expedited so that I can test it out before the trip.

I feel like I'm being fair with them. Hopefully I will hear from them very soon. Does this sound fair to you? I'm trying to remain patient...

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I should have been just a little more patient! The USPS tracking number that previously had not seen hide nor hair of my package now says:

"Your item arrived at 9:11 AM on January 18, 2007 in WINSTON SALEM".

So it looks like I'll be able to test it out this weekend for the Mt. Rogers trip after all. Hooray!

Images

Mt Rogers

NC Patrick,

The Mt Rogers trip is not this weekend, it's 8 days away.

Dates: Friday, 26 Jan, to Sunday, 28 Jan
    - Showing up Saturday is fine

Egads

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    :-) Understood. I'm going to test this weekend to make sure the quilt is going to work for me there.

It arrived and I'm very happy with it so far. It already passed the "napping in the hammock in the 60F basement" test this afternoon. Very comfy.

Hammock
    Homemade 1.9oz
    Tarp
    Homemade cuben
    Insulation
    Homemade synthetic
    Suspension
    Strap-biner-buckle
    Images
    I'm curious about these. I've recommended them a few times as the only synthetic top quilt I know, but the page on their site doesn't show them well at all. How does the construction look? Can you tell how they're stabilizing the insulation? I'd be very interested in a complete review and/or some pictures.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    The construction looks good. Silver on one side, black on the other. "RipStop Nlyon" (according to their web site) . Nice sized footbox. It's very light. The website says 1 pound, 8.5 oz. I don't have a scale at my house so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. The loft is around 2 inches, give or take (haven't measured). I'm extremely happy with the weight and feel of it.

I can't see how they're stabilizing the insulation, so I'm guessing that they aren't. That was a concern of mine. I was going to look into adding some quilting loops if necessary. If it does end up being necessary, I'll try the procedure for putting in the loops like you use on the KAQ's and I may have a few questions for you about it. But it may not be necessary. Further testing will clear up that question.

I'll be testing it tonight. Temps are supposed to drop to the high 20's overnight. I'll have some pictures for you by the end of the weekend.

So far I'm very happy with it. It gives me something to work with, which is so much more than I had to begin with. I don't think I'll freeze to death at Mt. Rogers now, at least not until I leave my hammock.

Hammock
    Homemade 1.9oz
    Tarp
    Homemade cuben
    Insulation
    Homemade synthetic
    Suspension
    Strap-biner-buckle
    Images
    Is there any stitching across the body? I'd assumed they used slant baffles or something. Can you pull the shell material away from the insulation easily? Try stuffing it in a stuff sack. If it doesn't poof up like crazy, it's stabilized.

Sounds like a great product. I can't wait to see pictures and results.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Hmmm... there's no stitching across the body. You can pull the shell material away from the insulation fairly easily, although the insulation does not seem to pull away from the edges easily. Stuff sack test will have to wait til tomorrow. It's outside in my hammock now.

Unfortunately it's only supposed to get to 30F tonight, but it is usually a few degrees colder than forecast around my house. Without a thermometer I can take outside with me, I'm going to have to guess temps tonight (fwiw).

• + New Posts