Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Very nice of you RainMan! Im good, I called the Ranger Station last week & they're sending me maps. This really is a great forum & community!
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Rainman, as my wife and I have 500 miles to travel, a map would be helpful. I am sure we will be ready to easily find our way and crash when we arrive. PM sent. Thanks so much.

David
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    HG dyneema/MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    You got 'em! They are setting in my mailbox now, waiting on the afternoon pick-up.

That's all my spare maps of the lake itself. I have one more of the city and county. Though I'm betting the folks at the Visitors Bureau would mail them to anyone who asked. Just my guess. Graham Travel & Tourism Bureau.

Rain Man

Quote Originally Posted by canoebie View Post
    Rainman, as my wife and I have 500 miles to travel, a map would be helpful. I am sure we will be ready to easily find our way and crash when we arrive. PM sent. Thanks so much.

David
    "You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims." --Harriet Woods

http://www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    HG dyneema/MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by L.D. Cakes View Post
    Very nice of you RainMan! Im good, I called the Ranger Station last week & they're sending me maps. This really is a great forum & community!
    I found the Visitors Bureau in Robbinsville to have much better maps of the lake than the Ranger Station, which had poor photocopies for the most part. For what it's worth.

Rain Man

"You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims." --Harriet Woods

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    HG dyneema/MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by L.D. Cakes View Post
    We need to plan on a meeting place. Where is the best place to leave our cars where they will be safe? Marina, Campground? I think someone said something about a Forest Service Office that allowed parking behind a locked gate?
    The Cheoah Ranger District Office has a boat ramp and parking area right next to it. Don't remember a locked gate off hand, though. Also, it's closest to Robbinsville.

The one near the dam is down a hill and hidden from view, thus (seems to me) less safe. It's also steeper for parking and carrying kayaks to the water.

There's also one right at the little marina, about half-way in between. I don't know if it's public or private or the parking situation there. There was one other, at Avery Branch, but I didn't get to drive over to see it.

Rain Man

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    HG dyneema/MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    we may drive over Thursday evening instead of having to be rushed to make it there by noon Friday. It isn't that long of a drive 4+ hours not counting the time change but driving the Tail of the Dragon can be slow and exciting
    Drove it yesterday. SO MUCH BETTER when one is not in a hurry!

Rain Man

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    The one near the dam is down a hill and hidden from view, thus (seems to me) less safe. It's also steeper for parking and carrying kayaks to the water.
    the boat ramp is at the bottom of a hill. The parking lot is at the top and along the ramp down. We drove down the ramp and unloaded the kayaks and gear then drove the cars back up the ramp. See picture I posted of the ramp in this thread. We were there for 3 days and no one bothered any car
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    I found the Visitors Bureau in Robbinsville to have much better maps of the lake than the Ranger Station, which had poor photocopies for the most part. For what it's worth.

Rain Man.
    That's abs. correct. I just got my maps in the mail today and they are kinda lame being the black & white copies you speak of. I'll be contacting the Bureau tomorrow. Thanks

The Cheoah Ranger District Office has a boat ramp and parking area right next to it. Don't remember a locked gate off hand, though. Also, it's closest to Robbinsville.

The one near the dam is down a hill and hidden from view, thus (seems to me) less safe. It's also steeper for parking and carrying kayaks to the water. Rain Man.
    I chose the one next to the campground at Cheoah Point because of the long distance attendees. They will be arriving on Thursday night and it will be in close proximity to the boat ramp where we'll all be meeting. There is also showers there we can all use when we get back to our cars or at anytime!
    Another thing to consider is by April the lake will be at full pool. So the ramp will go all the way to the waters edge making it easier to unload our boats & gear from the vehicles then drive back up to park.
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

I chose the one next to the campground at Cheoah Point because of the long distance attendees. They will be arriving on Thursday night and it will be in close proximity to the boat ramp where we'll all be meeting. There is also showers there we can all use when we get back to our cars or at anytime!
    Another thing to consider is by April the lake will be at full pool. So the ramp will go all the way to the waters edge making it easier to unload our boats & gear from the vehicles then drive back up to park.
    Very considerate and appreciated

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast