DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Goose bumps
    Suspension
    Bat Feet

Montana Hangs High

Since I don't have to go far to hang in the woods, get into some world class fishing, hike magnificent trails with scenic views, and get far away from the crowds, it's on my summer schedule. Also, since I'm off the motorcycles for at least another year due to a nasty crash last July, I'm a pedestrian for fun again. Just got my Danners re-soled, received a new hammock from the guys at BIAS and accessories from other cottage vendors. I'm off to hike on a varied schedule, depending upon my semi-retired job schedule (self employed).

If anyone wants to head to Montana for some of the above that does not include work, let me know as you're welcome to join my party of one and we can work out a trip to places like The Pryors or up higher in the Beartooths Like This.

There are also lots of other places I go out of Billings or Red Lodge and beyond. Group sizes of about 2-6 will work fine. Schedule is open. Bugs are minimal to non-existent. 40* nights will slow the mozzies down.
    Love is blind. Marriage is an eye opener.

Images
    SM, that is really some beautiful country! I've tramped a lot in the Wind Rivers, but never have made it to the Beartooths yet, except to drive over Beartooth Pass one time.

I’ve had a trip to the Beartooths laid out and on hold for several years now. My original though was to find the most remote area in the Continental U.S. and make that my destination. But like so many things this nature, it had to be postponed because of job, family, etc. Since I’m very, very close to retirement, I’m increasingly looking forward to making a solo trip to the area. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Hammock
    Thunderbird
    Tarp
    UCQ Hanger
    Insulation
    Renegade/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Hey, I'm from Billings, too! The Beartooths are my favorite place in the world, with the Kenai Peninsula, Alaska a close second. We're lucky to live here!

I'm coordinating vacation days with friends to go on the Beaten Path next summer, but I have a lot of getting in shape to do between now and then!

Hammock
    eno DN(Daily)Hennessy Asym Zip
    Tarp
    Cuben DIYw/beak
    Insulation
    15*Bag/20*Pheonix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I would LOVE to make it out some day…!
    Always have a Plan B C D and E! - Arson

I 100% believe “Normal is Boring!"

Does Shug ever put out a bad video?

"Man up and get back up to the top of the food chain Mr. Omnivore. That McDonalds didn't grow out of a Avacodo bush.” - MrClean417

"The trick to living and learning is actually living." - Cannibal

"He who would travel happily must travel light."
    - Antonine Marie Roger de Saint-Exupery

"Backpacking is the art of knowing what not to take."
    - Sheridan Anderson

Hammock
    Thunderbird
    Tarp
    UCQ Hanger
    Insulation
    Renegade/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    This thread title gave me the idea for a great name if I ever make a DIY. "3-7-77" - because usually if you saw those numbers, it meant someone was going to hang. Hehe.

(Hint for non-Montana history buffs, 3-7-77 is what the Montana Vigilantes used as their "code" to tell bad guys they had to get out of town. Legend has it that the numbers represented the dimensions of a grave (3 feet wide, 7 feet down, 77 inches long or something to that effect. Oddly, the numbers still appear on the seal of the Montana Highway Patrol.)

• + New Posts