Tarp
    waterproof
    Insulation
    warm
    Suspension
    nacrawhoopie
    Images

Mod is pretty simple, see pics

The SBPro ridgeline mod is pretty straightforward. At each end, I stitched two strips of grosgrain onto both sides of the bug net, making sure that the lower edges overlapped w/ the nylon. Then I used my camp stove to heat up a thin screwdriver and made a clean, small hole (soldering iron tip on hand was too thin). Loop the ridgeline around your suspension and you're good to go.

It works fairly well, I have it a bit tight in the second pic as I was messing around with it while shooting. There's still too much bug netting to deal with though, IMO.

Pics attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It is a very alert, active sheep, with a stylish, lively carriage.

Flickr
    YouTube
    I use a Juki & Pfaffs w/ assorted attachments, and have serviced lots of vintage machines. Any questions?

Hammock
    GT SB-P
    Tarp
    Toxaway
    Insulation
    Leighlo UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thanks for the ridgeline stuff guys.

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images

More info on SBPro

Sorry if I am late to the party, but I've been off the net for a bit. Crazy busy at work. But I digress.

I have been using the SBPro for 18 months now, and between scouts and personal trips, I have logged 55 nights in the SBPro with overnight lows from 21° to 80°. Great hammock. If you want to see my "latest" round of mods (namely the addition of a SRL) see my post here:
    Skeeter Beeter Pro upgrades

As you now own the SBPro, I cant' tell you alot that you don't already know. Mine with whoopies (including plus straps and toggles) and the SRL weighs in at 28 oz. Not extremely lightweight, but not bad.

Before I added the SRL, it was easy to simply flip the hammock over to use it without the bug net. It is my preference to sleep open in the winter, as I have found that inside the bug net in winter traps moisture, and everything inside is slightly damp when I wake up. Now that the SRL runs through the bug net, it takes a small effort (and about 3 minutes at home) to detach the SRL, fish it out of the netting, and reattach it outside of the net (for winter use), and a minute or so longer to re-rig it months later for spring/summer/fall use. Eventually, it is my intention to pick up a second, open gathered end hammock for winter use, hopefully by the next cold season.

In the meantime, I look forward to every night I sleep in my SBPro, over sleeping in my bed at home. Always a good night's sleep, regardless of the weather.
    “Indian builds small fire and stays warm, white man builds big fire and stays warm collecting firewood”—unknown

“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea”—Karen Blixen

I've got the regular skeeter beeter. I used it 2-3 times before the net ripped at the seam. Called gt and there shipping me a pro. In the meantime I've been using it every night in Mexico (about a week now) and I love the comfort. It is VERY thin and prone to small rips and snags. If anything at all catches the fabric it will snag or even rip. I'm looking forward to trying the SBP when I get back home to FL next week.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Adj Webbing
    Ready to buy my first hammock. Want it for motorcycle camping and trips to Nicaragua. Bugs are a definite issue most places I go.

Borrowed a friend's ENO two days ago and gave it a test. At the time ENO was all i'd ever heard of and I pretty much what I thought was "top of the line"...

then I discovered this site...

Trying to decide if I should get the GTSBP now or wait a bit longer and get the WBBB 1.7 DL.

I'm a big boy. 6'4" / 300#, shedding pounds as we speak, but as of now I definitely need the load capacity both offer. Weight isn't an issue because i'm not backpacking or anything. I really don't care about a few pounds of weight savings.

I know both include bug netting. The GTSBP seems like a great value but I tend to buy things without the intention of upgrading later. I have a feeling i'll immediately be waiting to upgrade to the WBBB.

Anybody have experience with both? Recommendations?

Thanks in advance for putting up with my newbitutde.

Hammock
    dbl layer SBPro & GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    Funky Forest Tarp
    Insulation
    no sew SPE/ Sb Uq
    Suspension
    tree sling/huggers
    Images
    I have never tried the WBBB, but I do use my SBPro alot and love the thing. It is so roomy.
    Chris

Hammock
    DDCamping/HennessySafari
    Tarp
    Etowa10/10silnylon
    Insulation
    GL TQ /Yeti&AHE UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopee slings
    Images
    I have a GTSB regular and I removed the metal hooks and replaced them with UL biners. It's my summer hammock I wish I had gotten the pro for the extra leg room! Not that it's small but extra wiggle room is always welcome! You won't notice the weight difference if the rest of your gear is lightweight!
    High ground is dry ground!
    Moondoggy

Hammock
    hh safari
    Tarp
    hh hex 1.3
    Insulation
    jacks nest
    Suspension
    woopie slings
    You would love the wbbb. I am a big guy 325# and the bb feels even larger than my hh safarie but much lighter and the double bottem makes inserting a sleeping pad very easy. I use a cheep walmart blue pad or a piece of milar reflectx also from walmart in rolls cut to fit your body

Hammock
    Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WL3/4 - GoLite TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    One of the best/worst things about the pro is the netting.

Best: If you want to go "topless", just flip the hammock over so the netting is on the bottom

Worst: Having the same amount of netting as hammock means that you have gobs and gobs left over when the netting is on top.

Comfort wise, I absolutely love mine but I've heard that the WBBB is also very comfy.

I guess, in the end, it came down to my beer budget although I dream of one day moving up to the WBBB.

Either way, you can't go wrong.

Happy Hanging, once you get off the ground, you'll never go back!

Dog
    hammock [ham-uhk] noun
    Man's successful attempt to sleep on a cloud

I know of big guys in your range that use the UL skeeter beeter. I'd bet it will work. In my short experience though, I'd say go with the pro. It is much heartier and stands up to the thistles and sticks that will undoubtedly snag it from time to time. And it's HUGE! Always a plus.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast