Hammock
    Clark / Claytor
    Tarp
    Neo 12 X 12
    Insulation
    Cheap pad

Double hammock?

Double hammock?

Are we talking ‘room for two people’, or double bottom, like a Claytor?
    The harder I work, the luckier I get.

The size is 10' X 6.5'.Did not get to set up hammock today yet.We just finished our walk. Decided the river was too low for our kayak leg of our trip, so we did a 20 miler with day packs to cover the 20 mile hike requirement of Hiking merit badge.
    Last edited by bull; 06-28-2008 at 17:43.

Hammock
    SLD TreeRunner, DD FL
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly
    Insulation
    DD UQ HG Econ TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

got it - lost it

I received my 2 hammocks yesterday and as I metioned on the WB thread that it looks just like ENO or TTTM. No logo anywhere. Has "sleeve" at each end with rope through it.

Brought it here to work to show a buddy. Boss saw me walking down hall with it under my arm and asked if that was my rain suit. I told him it was hammock and he said cool let me see it. He then said it would be great B-Day gift for his fishing buddy. So I sold it to him!

Unfourtunately I didn't think fast enough (being as he is hammock ignorant) and sold it to him at sale price instead of more. Man I could have had a complete set-up for free.

Oh well - I do have the second one to try and take pics of and have ordered another already - They are still "on sale" at hammocks.com

cc
    Campcrafter

I'd rather be in the mountains thinking about God, than in church thinking about the mountains.
    - John Muir

Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird
    Tarp
    BWDD Winterdream
    Insulation
    Speer Snugfit
    Images
    I also ordered 2 on Monday evening. The hammock stand I ordered with them was delivered to my Mom's this morning, less than 48 hours later. Seems it shipped from Nashville. I'll be looking into that. One hammock is on it's way and is due to be delivered tomorrow. All this for $3 shipping per hammock and $10 shipping for a 50lb hammock stand. I'm impressed.
    Bad spellers of the world Untie!

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    I ordered one yesterday. I've also been asked to test out a Ticket To The Moon king hammock.
    How could I refuse. No one here to my knowledge has tried one. That sucker is big. Will give
    a report on it.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Images
    I've been lounging in my double since I got it and noticed one thing I was wondering if anyone else had noticed. At some point, the extra width just seems superfluous, it doesn't really add anything. When I lay at even an exaggerated diagonal I still don't utilize the "extra" fabric sewn onto each side. Maybe you also need to add to the length as well, or change the whipping, or maybe about 60" wide is just the sweet spot and anything more than that is a waste. I'll be curious to here the report on the King size one.

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtail View Post
    I've been lounging in my double since I got it and noticed one thing I was wondering if anyone else had noticed. At some point, the extra width just seems superfluous, it doesn't really add anything. When I lay at even an exaggerated diagonal I still don't utilize the "extra" fabric sewn onto each side. Maybe you also need to add to the length as well, or change the whipping, or maybe about 60" wide is just the sweet spot and anything more than that is a waste. I'll be curious to here the report on the King size one.
    I know what you mean about the extra width. Does make you wonder if it is adding to comfort. I'm hoping the king size hammock will allow me to use omni tape/free magic around the edges and enclose the top of the hammock in cold weather. I could do that about 1/4 of the way in the Treklight double.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Hammock
    dbl layer SBPro & GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    Funky Forest Tarp
    Insulation
    no sew SPE/ Sb Uq
    Suspension
    tree sling/huggers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtail View Post
    I have a double hammock as well and yes there is all the extra material. but i always put my glasses and such in the attached bag and if I know its going to be foggy or a little colder than expected I throw the across to other side of the hammock to add a little more warmth.
    Chris

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FanaticFringer View Post
    I know what you mean about the extra width. Does make you wonder if it is adding to comfort. I'm hoping the king size hammock will allow me to use omni tape/free magic around the edges and enclose the top of the hammock in cold weather. I could do that about 1/4 of the way in the Treklight double.
    That's a neat idea. With a king size they might actual be enough extra to be useful as a cover/pod and still be able to lay diagonal.
    I like the hammock, I was just kinda surprised the extra width didn't really seem to come into use at all.

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rigidpsycho View Post
    I have a double hammock as well and yes there is all the extra material. but i always put my glasses and such in the attached bag and if I know its going to be foggy or a little colder than expected I throw the across to other side of the hammock to add a little more warmth.
    Cool, a little built-in throw bag.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast