Hammock
    WB / BIAS
    Tarp
    HG Custom 4S
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG, MB
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Straps
    Finally got some dynaglide whoopies spliced up, put together a lash-it adjustable ridgeline and got to try this baby out this weekend! Really nice hammock! Super comfortable on the diagonal, no calf ridge, and packs away to nearly nothing. If you are looking for a great quality single at a very reasonable price, I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on one of these. This will definitely be my go to bug-free hammock.

Cheers

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    Nice work Shane and Brian. WW just hit the door or the mailbox rather. Try that with a 4 lb tent!

Arrived exactly as promised. Beautiful stitching. Knotty Mods and Suspension, perfect. I'll add an adjustable RL, and probably a DP bug net to round it out, and call it the Goto.

BIAS has hit the niche as far as I'm concerned. No reason now to have to go bargain basement big box store, or kill the pocketbook on the caddy, just to get off the ground, to see if it's for you or not.

Big bonus. If hanging IS for you, then you're already set with a top of the line piece of UL gear. You can start dumping those bucks right into that down goodness, you'll want to compliment, such a sweet piece of your kit.

Quality always resells well on the forums boards. Expect no less from BIAS products. But you won't be seeing this one up there anytime soon.
    Last edited by Rolloff; 03-29-2012 at 17:57.
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    BIAS Weight Weenie
    Tarp
    tyvek DIY
    Insulation
    whats that?
    Suspension
    whoopie and straps
    Got this in today, talk about service right! Amazing. I rigged it up first like a dumby without a ridgeline and flopped around in it like a chicken until i got on HF and did some research and used the hiking 101 vidz.

alright, did some research and gomer me I didn't put the ridgeline in which caused me all sorts of problems to be honest as I had the hammock pretty well straight and snapped a carbon toggle by hooking it up wrong.

As you can see in these pics the hammock is not level (should it be?) looking at the ridgeline it is dropped towards my head. I used marlin spike hitches for the two toggled ends. My tyvek tarp will be done soon and i'll put it all together but it was down in the 40's when we took these pictures tonight and I had CBS! So a UQ and TQ is next on the list.

Gotta say, once I got the sag in the hammock, laying diagonal was no problem. My oldest kid thinks this is her toy so she's sliding down from the gathered ends most of the time...Those two trees are apple trees in my front yard, which make a perfect spot, also i tried to keep the hammock roughly 1 foot off the ground when loaded down with my 6' 172 lb. body.

I am open to all comments, suggestions, blah blah blah BIAS is KING!

Regards,
    Christopher

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    Great pics!

You have to hang your own hang to find that personal sweet spot, but as a rule you pitch the foot end slightly higher than the head, for starters. Looks good to me in the picture, if it's comfortable, that's the spot.

Might have just had the whoopie slip over the knot, before the hammock took a good load. That has probably snapped a ton of toggles. Good thing it's the knot that's load bearing, not the toggle. practically anything within reason will work as a temporary replacement.

Can't believe how light this rig is. Really liking that!
    Last edited by Rolloff; 03-30-2012 at 20:10.
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    BIAS Hiker Lite Teal/Black
    Tarp
    GG Emergency Shltr
    Insulation
    Leighlo UQ
    Suspension
    BIAS standard kit
    Quote Originally Posted by h0tr0d View Post
    Got this in today, talk about service right! Amazing. I rigged it up first like a dumby without a ridgeline and flopped around in it like a chicken until i got on HF and did some research and used the hiking 101 vidz.

alright, did some research and gomer me I didn't put the ridgeline in which caused me all sorts of problems to be honest as I had the hammock pretty well straight and snapped a carbon toggle by hooking it up wrong.

As you can see in these pics the hammock is not level (should it be?) looking at the ridgeline it is dropped towards my head. I used marlin spike hitches for the two toggled ends. My tyvek tarp will be done soon and i'll put it all together but it was down in the 40's when we took these pictures tonight and I had CBS! So a UQ and TQ is next on the list.

Gotta say, once I got the sag in the hammock, laying diagonal was no problem. My oldest kid thinks this is her toy so she's sliding down from the gathered ends most of the time...Those two trees are apple trees in my front yard, which make a perfect spot, also i tried to keep the hammock roughly 1 foot off the ground when loaded down with my 6' 172 lb. body.

I am open to all comments, suggestions, blah blah blah BIAS is KING!

Regards,
    Christopher
    Those pics of you and your daughter made my otherwise no-so-great day a whole lot better. Awesome. Thanks for the kindness, h0tr0d! Enjoy the hammock, but mostly, enjoy your little girl. I have two who aren't so little anymore. Man. Great. Thanks for sharing.
    --
    www.buttinasling.com
    Now carrying the Mini Tattoo Stove!
    Light weight. Low prices. Great gear.

Hammock
    BIAS Weight Weenie
    Tarp
    tyvek DIY
    Insulation
    whats that?
    Suspension
    whoopie and straps
    thanks for the feedback. She's my special one as I was not around (deployed) when she was born so I missed her first year so we have this weird bond. My little one, 7 month old girl, now she's mama's girl LOL.

Hammock
    BIAS Weight Weenie
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Thumbs up

This looks like a great intro to hammock camping, I'll bite

Once I get some experience with it, I'll be back with some thoughts of my own... Thanks for the good review!

I just recieved my custom tulle bugnet from Shane today. Only 2.6oz. Going to work perfect with my WW.
    Take a Look >> Videos Trip Reports

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    There's only one thing better than hanging in your hammock and that's sharing it with your daughter!
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    BIAS camper, WW DL
    Insulation
    Diy syn. UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    There's only one thing better than hanging in your hammock and that's sharing it with your daughter!
    +1 on that. If I could just keep her from wiggling so much.
    It'll be alright Friday!

Check us out at www.buttinasling.com

[email protected]

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast