Hammock
    HH ULBP or Claytor Exp
    Tarp
    Big Claytor
    Insulation
    CCF
    Suspension
    rings & things
    I ordered an expedition today online. I have a HH that my son has taken over :-) so I decided to try out a hammock that lets you slip the pad in the side. This thread and the zipper thread have me a little worried about what I'll get.

I hope that I get what I thought I was getting.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    If you don't, then call Tom Claytor directly. To my understanding, he's been willing to 'make right' any customer disappointment with his hammocks.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Suspension
    My own
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    I ordered an expedition today online. I have a HH that my son has taken over :-) so I decided to try out a hammock that lets you slip the pad in the side. This thread and the zipper thread have me a little worried about what I'll get.

Looks like if you get one with no pad opening he will send you one and let you keep the other! I have to say some serious customer service to say the least.
    Last edited by hammer0419; 08-25-2008 at 18:30.

Hammock
    HH ULBP or Claytor Exp
    Tarp
    Big Claytor
    Insulation
    CCF
    Suspension
    rings & things
    I emailed them after I ordered in an effort to avoid a problem. Hope that works. I'm not looking for a two for one, I just want a easy access sleeve for the pad. The type with the zipper for the pad sound like they break right off the bat and at 205 lbs so I would probably break it pretty quick.

I've heard nothing but great things about the customer service at Claytor, I just hope I get what I want for a planned trip in Mid september.

Thanks for all the help! The ring buckle system idea I got here works awesome on the HH my son has taken over from me. I got extra rings and straps for the Claytor.

Hammock
    Clark / Claytor
    Tarp
    Neo 12 X 12
    Insulation
    Cheap pad
    Quote Originally Posted by skskinner View Post
    I also agree, though I have always thought the sleeve would be better if opened at only the ends instead of all the way down the lenght. I always sewed velcro there to keep it closed anyway. I wouldn't want it without a pocket. Mule
    Funny how we all look at things differently. I very much like that mine (bought before this whole change issue) is slit down the length. It makes inserting the pad very easy, and I've had no problems with it moving. I for one wouldn't want the insert slit at the end(s).

Quote Originally Posted by FarStar View Post
    I ordered a Jungle Hammock for my nephew in Wisconsin as a reward for attaining his Eagle. I placed the order on 07/13; it arrived 07/31. I checked it out this morning and there's no sleeve! If I'd have known they were making these sleeveless I'd have foregone the JH and bought him a Skeeter Beeter Pro.

I don't want to saddle my nephew with something I wouldn't consider owning. I've e-mailed Claytor this morning, but haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully that's because it's still night in Thailand?

By the way, where is the sleeve opening? I assumed it is (supposed to be) at one end. The above entries seem to indicate (1) it is open at both ends, alternatively (2) along one side. Do they come in different configurations?

Far Star

Update: Another thread led me to look inside the hammock. I found a transverse zipper at the head end of the hammock inside where one inserts a pad. I had the impression that the pad was inserted externally for some reason.

I'm happy with the product and will gleefully ship it off to my nephew.
    Is this how they are all being made now? As stated, I prefer the slit down the length. I don't see any advantage to adding a zipper for a task that was easily performed without one.

If Tom was going to address anything about his (very good) hammocks, it should be the suspension system. Perhaps he could offer various suspension types, and each customer could choose the one they like.
    The harder I work, the luckier I get.

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Suspension
    My own
    I email him last week and he stated that everything was back to the "Original" design. Placing my order this week.

Hammock
    HH ULBP or Claytor Exp
    Tarp
    Big Claytor
    Insulation
    CCF
    Suspension
    rings & things
    I got my hammock today and it is the old school design I asked for.

I'll sleeping in it tonight in the back yard.

Hammock
    Warbonnets!
    Tarp
    OES, WB
    Insulation
    Crowsnest, Leighs
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles
    What was the timeframe that these were made? I have a used one on the way, but I believe the member I bought it from received it in 2/08. He's out of town so I cant ask him. Is there any chance I'm getting one without the pad sleeve?

According to that first post, it was in 6/08 so you should be OK.

Hammock
    Warbonnets!
    Tarp
    OES, WB
    Insulation
    Crowsnest, Leighs
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles
    This has got to be the fastest, most helpful forum on the net. You guys are great!

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast