Hammock
    WBBB 1.7SL & Traveler 1.1SL
    Tarp
    HG Hex & Superfly
    Insulation
    HammockGear.com
    Suspension
    Whoopie/UCR
    This is a REAL good idea !!! But with my sewing stills, I don't want to be accused of aiding the enemy
    I have an old, but good ENO SN in black/blue. Can we give gear not DIY ?
    I have never failed, I have been very Successful finding out what does Not work.

Hammock
    My own $25 DIY Hammock.
    Tarp
    Chinook Camo.
    Insulation
    E.C.W.S Military
    Suspension
    Bioshock
    Quote Originally Posted by Gustav View Post
    This is a REAL good idea !!! But with my sewing stills, I don't want to be accused of aiding the enemy
    I have an old, but good ENO SN in black/blue. Can we give gear not DIY ?
    I see no reason why not unless the ENO is some bright color. We are shooting for subdued colors. Think military type colors, I.E. OD green.

My original idea was for them to be DIY hammocks but its purly up to you. The only thing is we have set up some criteria for the builds.

Each hammock should have an attached stuffsack and suspension, this way its a one bag setup. Other then this you should be good to go.

Thanks for your help. It is greatly appreciated.
    Don't take life so seriously, its not permenant.

Hammock
    Walhalla 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    OES MC DLX Sil
    Insulation
    LeighLo UQ/ GL Bag
    My old unit is in Afghanistan right now. If anyone would like, I can try to get their address...

Images
    I have 33 members of my unit in Afghan right now too. I get to head over to Kuwait in May, plush by comparison.

Hammock
    DIY-That needs a name
    Tarp
    ENO Pro Fly
    Insulation
    PLUQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Hook - Strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tanker0707 View Post
    My old unit is in Afghanistan right now. If anyone would like, I can try to get their address...
    That would be great, if you can. As this grows, we can send to multiple units.

As for the first set, I have a USMC Sgt. Major that was the Chief Logistician for all of the Marine Corps providing me with the contact info.

Badchef
    There are very few problems we can solve ourselves, but there is almost nothing we cannot solve together.

Most often when someone says they can't, they are unwilling to try.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7DL
    Tarp
    HG CF 4s
    Insulation
    Shamu & RAB
    Suspension
    All in One whoopie
    Images
    So many projects so very little time....

I'm in! I think I'm gonna go with 20yds of the 1.9oz(70D) ACU from OWF. That would get us about 6 hammocks. If I could split this cost with 2 others it would bring it down to about $40 each. (Or $20 per hammock) If anyone is interested please PM me so we can get the order in ASAP.

I think I'm going to go with webbing & rings or triangles for my suspensions. Just for the sake of simplicity & familiarity.

BTW: These will be the first hammocks I've actually made, but I'm confident in my skills. So, if you're as amateur @ DIY as me don't be scared, it really is as easy as 4 long stitch lines. And, I'm sure our troops are more concerned with function that finish.

EDIT: what about bug nets? I know those sand fleas can be vicious lil 'astards.

FYI: I just spoke with Lynn @ OWF they have over 300 yards of that 1.9oz ACU ripstop in stock.
    Last edited by AaronAlso; 03-06-2012 at 12:02.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Hammock
    DIY-That needs a name
    Tarp
    ENO Pro Fly
    Insulation
    PLUQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Hook - Strap
    Images
    Bump -

My contact is looking for a better number as to how many hammocks will be available for the troops.

I've counted about 5 from this thread and contacts. Any others?
    There are very few problems we can solve ourselves, but there is almost nothing we cannot solve together.

Most often when someone says they can't, they are unwilling to try.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    whoopies & straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronAlso View Post
    So many projects so very little time....

I'm in! I think I'm gonna go with 20yds of the 1.9oz(70D) ACU from OWF. That would get us about 6 hammocks. If I could split this cost with 2 others it would bring it down to about $40 each. (Or $20 per hammock) If anyone is interested please PM me so we can get the order in ASAP.

I think I'm going to go with webbing & rings or triangles for my suspensions. Just for the sake of simplicity & familiarity.

BTW: These will be the first hammocks I've actually made, but I'm confident in my skills. So, if you're as amateur @ DIY as me don't be scared, it really is as easy as 4 long stitch lines. And, I'm sure our troops are more concerned
    with function that finish.

EDIT: what about bug nets? I know those sand fleas can be vicious lil 'astards.

FYI: I just spoke with Lynn @ OWF they have over 300 yards of that 1.9oz ACU ripstop in stock.
    While bug nets are a good idea I will throw in my two cents...these hammocks will not be used by Marines or Soldiers that are patrolling. There are several reasons but the main one being security and camoflauge. Only Infantrymen do multiple day foot patrols and when you set up a patrol base you can't have guys hanging from trees. Most of the timme you are so exhausted that you just pass out if you even get to sleep at all. Bug nets are overkill IMHO.

Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    I'd be happy to help out, but I don't have any materials on hand that match the desired description. If I'm able to get anything in before the cut off date then I'll let you guys know so that I can add to the package.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

Trail name: Radar

2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7DL
    Tarp
    HG CF 4s
    Insulation
    Shamu & RAB
    Suspension
    All in One whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Badchef View Post
    Bump -

My contact is looking for a better number as to how many hammocks will be available for the troops.

I've counted about 5 from this thread and contacts. Any others?
    I'm glad this thread was bumped.

My offer still stands, I'm planning to place a large order from OWF in about a week. Their shipping has always been pretty fast. I should have my order by 1-1-12.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast