Kammok Roo
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    Thermarest
    Suspension
    Kammok Pythons

ENO Bugnet w/ASR Setup

Hey HF, got the last piece of my gear last night; ENO BugNet. I haven't had a chance to hang it yet, but looking over ENOs recommend method of hanging it and my current setup I thought I'd throw a question or two out to you guys and gals about possible options.

I installed a ASR that I got from whoppieslings.com on my DN. I have have it dialed in pretty well I think and it is tensioned with just the slightest amount of play in the line while in the hammock. My question or thought basically boils down to this. The ENO folks want you to hang another RL and attach the net with their clips to hold the net up. My concern is, if I add this other RL for the net then I'm afraid my tarp is going to be much higher than I want it. So wondering if it would work to just let the ENO net rest on my ASR and maybe even steal one of my daughters ponytail holders to "bunch up" the excess net under the hammock to keep it off the ground? Was also thinking this might help with two other issues; 1- the net would then be resting on the hammock suspension (no additional ropes to hang) and 2 - would enable the cinch ends of the net to close down on the gathered ends of the hammock better.

I'll certainly be testing it out this weekend before my upcoming trips, but thought if any of y'all had any thoughts or comments on this setup it would give me more to noodle on while I tweak this setup. Thanks. -ck
    "If we admit that human life can be ruled by reason, then all possibility of life is destroyed." -- Christopher McCandless (Into the Wild)

Images
    I've only set up my DN eno with bugnet once, so take this with a grain of salt. But I just tied that little string that comes with the bugnet to my suspension so it looked like a ridge line and would hold up the bugnet. However, I would imagine using a real ridge line would be better because the cinch cord that wraaps around the suspension opens quite a bit because of the movement in suspension when you lay down. I think it would move less with a real ridge line plus I hear you get a better lay with one. Again I'm a total newbie but that was my experience.

Hammock
    1.1 dbl ge double strech-side
    Tarp
    Tadpole/ Superfly
    Insulation
    HG- TQ,UQ- DIY PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie,D Buckle
    Images
    I have the Eno bugnet and use it as you describe. Just let it hang on your RL. There is no need for the line they give you, unless you don't have the RL.
    I'm a member of PETA!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    I'd just use your SRL to support your bugnet. Depending on how much sag you have it will cut down a little on headroom but that's only an issue getting in and out.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    Thermarest
    Suspension
    Kammok Pythons
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunnr72 View Post
    I have the Eno bugnet and use it as you describe. Just let it hang on your RL. There is no need for the line they give you, unless you don't have the RL.
    What do you do with the excess below you since it is hanging lower? Do you gather it up in some way, or just let it drag on the ground? -ck
    "If we admit that human life can be ruled by reason, then all possibility of life is destroyed." -- Christopher McCandless (Into the Wild)

Hammock
    1.1 dbl ge double strech-side
    Tarp
    Tadpole/ Superfly
    Insulation
    HG- TQ,UQ- DIY PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie,D Buckle
    Images
    I just let it hang, never really thought about it. I tend to hang higher than the 18" that most seem to.
    I'm a member of PETA!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    Thermarest
    Suspension
    Kammok Pythons
    Well here's the result from this evenings backyard lab testing. Is this how it's suppose to look from the inside?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Looks about right. Have someone look at you inside your hammock and tell you how close your bugnet is to the ground so you know.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    WBBB, ENO, HH, SMe
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    UQ
    Suspension
    Various
    Images

Closed ends

Looks like you were able to hang the net without the ends coming open. I've only hung mine once and think I had it too high. Hung it from the tarp RL and when I got in my weight pulled the ends open. Thinking a RL on the hammock vs trees might work better.

Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    Thermarest
    Suspension
    Kammok Pythons
    Quote Originally Posted by mhill2510 View Post
    Looks like you were able to hang the net without the ends coming open. I've only hung mine once and think I had it too high. Hung it from the tarp RL and when I got in my weight pulled the ends open. Thinking a RL on the hammock vs trees might work better.
    I've used it both ways (attached to the tarp RL and to the hammock RL). What I did to overcome the open end issue was when I attach it from the Tarp RL I don't clip the last hooks on either end; letting the ends 'droop' a bit more. Then I also don't attach the cords on the ends to anything; instead I use them to close up the ends by wrapping it around the opening and put a quick release half hitch in them.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast