Tarp
    Customized JRB
    Insulation
    Down or IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Underlining

This is more of a question than a suggestion.

We use Linux/Firebird and when the forums listings are displayed nearly everything is underlined:

1. thread title
    2. name of last poster
    3. number of replies
    4. which forum it is listed in

What is the purpose of the underlining?

It seems that by underlining practically everything, the underlining loses it's significance.

Or maybe Firebird under Linux, is the culprit and not everything should be underlined??

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    HG Asym, WB BMJ
    Insulation
    HG All the way!
    Suspension
    webbing
    Images
    what version of linux are you running? I run ubuntu at home and windows at the office, firefox on both no differences to speak of really. I've got everything acting as a link except number of replies that you listed. so maybe some quirky cross os thing?

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TiredFeet View Post
    This is more of a question than a suggestion.

We use Linux/Firebird and when the forums listings are displayed nearly everything is underlined:

1. thread title
    2. name of last poster
    3. number of replies
    4. which forum it is listed in

What is the purpose of the underlining?

It seems that by underlining practically everything, the underlining loses it's significance.

Or maybe Firebird under Linux, is the culprit and not everything should be underlined??
    On most browsers, the underlining of text indicates a clickable link. All the items that you list above are links that will show specific information when clicked. It does it on my browser (Firefox on a MAC).

Hope this helps.

Brian

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    As per the replies above, it is the text decoration for hyperlinks.

Some browsers automatically do that to links, some do not. In this case, the forum software's default is coded to supply the lines unless we specifically removed it. I think the next update is the opposite, though.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    TeeDee Bridge Hammock
    Tarp
    Customized JRB
    Insulation
    Down or IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWillan View Post
    On most browsers, the underlining of text indicates a clickable link. All the items that you list above are links that will show specific information when clicked. It does it on my browser (Firefox on a MAC).

Hope this helps.

Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    As per the replies above, it is the text decoration for hyperlinks.

Some browsers automatically do that to links, some do not. In this case, the forum software's default is coded to supply the lines unless we specifically removed it. I think the next update is the opposite, though.
    Okay - that answers the question - they are links not just some underlining done by the forum software to emphasize something.

Kubuntu 11.10, Firefox 10.0.2 - started with KDE when it was more polished and "finished" than Gnome was. Gnome is just as polished and finished as KDE is now, but there is enough of a difference in the presentation that KDE just feels more comfortable since I've been using it so long. After using the Ubuntu 11.10 Live CD for 2 hours, I could switch and adjust in an hour or 2 if I had to though. All of the Gnome apps I've tried work under KDE just fine. I think that KDE and Gnome work together to make that happen .

• + New Posts