JRB Mt. Rogers Question

Hello everyone! I am planning on using a hammock this year, and I am currently trying to figure out what to use to stay warm. I am leaning towards buying a Mt. Rogers quilt and using it wrapped around the hammock, as shown on JRB's website. However, I've been lying in my hammock diagonally for comfort during testing, and i was wondering if the quilt will fit around my hammock while I am doing so. It doesn't look like the person in the hammock on the JRB site is lying on the diagonal. So basically, I'm asking anyone who has used the Mt Rogers quilt in this way whether or not it works when sleeping on the diagonal. My hammock is a homemade 9x5 Speer-type. The picture I am referring to is here.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by tamboo; 01-21-2007 at 17:53.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tamboo View Post
    Hello everyone! I am planning on using a hammock this year, and I am currently trying to figure out what to use to stay warm. I am leaning towards buying a Mt. Rogers quilt and using it wrapped around the hammock, as shown on JRB's website. However, I've been lying in my hammock diagonally for comfort during testing, and i was wondering if the quilt will fit around my hammock while I am doing so. It doesn't look like the person in the hammock on the JRB site is lying on the diagonal. So basically, I'm asking anyone who has used the Mt Rogers quilt in this way whether or not it works when sleeping on the diagonal. My hammock is a homemade 9x5 Speer-type. The picture I am referring to is here.

Thanks in advance!
    Tamboo,

I'm actually on a minor diagonal in a TC mosquito hammock in the picture...The write up notes that this only wotks for trim type body styles... The Mt Rogers is not big enough for the wider Speer type on a diagonal... You should use either a Pea Pod or regular under quilt and top quilt on a Speer type.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

So in order to use the Mt Rogers in this way, I'd need to be using something like a 9x4 hammock... I think I get it now. Thanks for the help!

• + New Posts