Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    OK, I'll be at your place on Thursday morning. All I will need is for you to PM the address sometime before then. Mule
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images

Unhappy Guys, I have to bail on the trip

OK, I'm officially out now. My dog tore her ACL chasing a frisbee, and the surgery is going to set me back over a grand. There is no way I can afford the trip now. I was iffy anyway, with work/classes - but this is just over the top bad luck.

Don't even think of telling me there are cheaper options to take care of the dog - whatever you are thinking of suggesting, would you do it to your own kids? I'm heartbroken seeing her in such pain already. I know she's just an animal, but she has been my best friend for the past 10 years and I'd sell my hammocks to get another 10 from her.

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinFinn View Post
    OK, I'm officially out now. My dog tore her ACL chasing a frisbee, and the surgery is going to set me back over a grand. There is no way I can afford the trip now. I was iffy anyway, with work/classes - but this is just over the top bad luck.

Don't even think of telling me there are cheaper options to take care of the dog - whatever you are thinking of suggesting, would you do it to your own kids? I'm heartbroken seeing her in such pain already. I know she's just an animal, but she has been my best friend for the past 10 years and I'd sell my hammocks to get another 10 from her.
    I am sorry to hear about your dog and it would have been great to meet you. I hope she comes out OK with the surgery. Keep us posted. Mule

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Thanks, skskinner - I will. I was looking forward to meeting y'all as well - it'll just have to be on another trip.

Here's a pic of her.

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Beautiful Best Friend you have there. and a fantastic photo of her, too. Mule
    Last edited by Mule; 09-20-2008 at 19:08. Reason: new thought

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles

Your four legged friend needs you

Quote Originally Posted by FishinFinn View Post

Man FF, I am so sorry. I have had two dogs for more than 15 years and I know how special they become. It is so hard to see them suffer, because you know of their loyalty and unconditional love for you. I had a mutt for 15 years that got under the wheels of my car because she loved to run in front of the truck on our property when I would tool around getting firewood and such. It broke her back and I knew I had to shoot her because she would not let me touch her and I didn't want her to suffer. I couldn't do it. I had to have my neighbor do it, and I buried her in my garden with lots of tears. I now have another that I have had for 15 years, and our souls are connected. When she goes she will be missed.

Stay with your friend, give lots of energy and love. We will find another time to paddle together.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    SB Pro, Lawson, Everest Double
    Images
    Canobie and friends,

I'm afraid that I won't be going with you. I've been out all week with a very strange kind of flu. I went to my family doctor Tuesday morning and he wasn't sure what the pain in my stomach was. He gave me some Nexium and some Vicoden ... at least I could sleep at night. The next day I wasn't feeling much better, so he sent me to the ER for a CATSCAN of my stomach. The ER Doc said it was an intestinal flu virus. I've managed to eat some chicken broth yesterday and a PBJ today. I have no energy at all. Not knowing how long it will take me to recoup I had better not plan on making the paddle. Man that's not helping my positive attitude ya know.

I know that you guys will have a great time and will want to do it again, so I'm pretty sure that I will get to make the trip sometime.

Mike

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Mike, I am sorry to hear about your not going and your flu bug. It sounds like you have gotten a nasty one. Since you are out, I will probably also not go. It would mean it would be just Canoebie and his wife and me, and that would be awkward for me, probably.
    Get well soon, and do what the doctor tells you, "pay him."
    Mule

• + New Posts
  • Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819