Tarp
    Funky Forest Tarp
    Insulation
    no sew SPE/ Sb Uq
    Suspension
    tree sling/huggers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by S3ymour View Post
    supposed to storm tonight so I'm gonna try it out. worse comes to worse, I walk inside and go to bed....that is the great part of living on 20 acres of woodland!!
    I miss living in the country
    Chris

Ok, so after a full nights test, the Funky Forest tarp didn't do horrible although it does have on serious design flaw. Someone decided to put 3/4 inch webbing tie outs on the under side of the ridge line, possibly to hang stuff from?? These tie outs ended up becoming drip strips and through the night dripped all over me until I had three spots(there are three of these tie outs) the size of a basketball on my quilt and hammock. Soaked clear through. Not fun. So if I had one serious suggestion for The Travel Hammock company it is to remove these loops as they negate the seam tape on the underside. This morning I brought the tarp in, am going to let it dry, then I'll be removing the underside loops and resealing the ridge line seam. Its just a bit disappointing to see a decent product designed to keep you dry fail so miserably. Anyways, once I fix it it should be much better. Coverage wise it worked great, diamond shape and all, even in the hardcore downpour we had!

Hammock
    dbl layer SBPro & GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    Funky Forest Tarp
    Insulation
    no sew SPE/ Sb Uq
    Suspension
    tree sling/huggers
    Images
    Sorry you got wet. SSince it hasn't rained here in awhile I haven't tested my tarp in the rain yet, but I was wondering about those loops underneath. It might be that the ridgeline seam wasn't sealed very good, I noticed seeing sunlight through the stitching of one of the loops on mine. I guess I will have to get some seam sealer a do some extra seam sealing.
    Chris

Hammock
    SB Pro / SlingRings
    Tarp
    10x10 w/ Fig. 9's
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    1" PloyPro Straps
    That is frustrating.

I'm heading out this weekend for a first hang in my SB Pro. They're calling for 40% Chance of scattered T-Storms so I expect to test my Campmor tarp pretty well.

I might set my sons up on the square and mine on the diamond for a comparison.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Ok, so after a full nights test, the Funky Forest tarp didn't do horrible although it does have on serious design flaw. Someone decided to put 3/4 inch webbing tie outs on the under side of the ridge line, possibly to hang stuff from?? These tie outs ended up becoming drip strips and through the night dripped all over me until I had three spots(there are three of these tie outs) the size of a basketball on my quilt and hammock. Soaked clear through. Not fun. So if I had one serious suggestion for The Travel Hammock company it is to remove these loops as they negate the seam tape on the underside. This morning I brought the tarp in, am going to let it dry, then I'll be removing the underside loops and resealing the ridge line seam. Its just a bit disappointing to see a decent product designed to keep you dry fail so miserably. Anyways, once I fix it it should be much better. Coverage wise it worked great, diamond shape and all, even in the hardcore downpour we had!
    A ridge line tab must be well seamed sealed.... you do not have to remove the tab just do an adequate/thurough job of sealing all stitching and any tab material on the top side.... Then it will be sealed.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_pan View Post
    A ridge line tab must be well seamed sealed.... you do not have to remove the tab just do an adequate/thurough job of sealing all stitching and any tab material on the top side.... Then it will be sealed.

Pan
    Good to know, I think I'm gonna remove the tab any ways as they serve no purpose for me. I'll keep the ones on top of the ridge line but underneath I won't ever use. What is the best way to seal the seam along the top edge??

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Good to know, I think I'm gonna remove the tab any ways as they serve no purpose for me. I'll keep the ones on top of the ridge line but underneath I won't ever use. What is the best way to seal the seam along the top edge??
    McNett silnet IMHO.... and i've sealed a lot of tarps with tabs...

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    TeeDee Bridge Hammock
    Tarp
    Customized JRB
    Insulation
    Down or IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Are the tabs on both sides of the tarp??

If only one side, seam seal and always put the tabs on the outside of the tarp.

If you use a tree-to-tree ridge line rope, the tabs are very useful on the top of the tarp.

Hammock
    dbl layer SBPro & GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    Funky Forest Tarp
    Insulation
    no sew SPE/ Sb Uq
    Suspension
    tree sling/huggers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TiredFeet View Post
    Are the tabs on both sides of the tarp??

If only one side, seam seal and always put the tabs on the outside of the tarp.

If you use a tree-to-tree ridge line rope, the tabs are very useful on the top of the tarp.
    The tabs are on both sides of the tarp.
    Chris

OK,
    I went ahead and removed the tabs on the underside, left the upper tabs as I like those ones. I then sealed the seam using McNett silnet as recommended, I've let it dry and will hopefully be able to test it tomorrow night. It definitely should work a lot better.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123