Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
Congrats on the light setup! If you had to do it over again, would you change anything on your current tarp design or is it too soon to tell.
Too soon to really tell but I have a couple ideas to test and possibly improve it a little more. I was also playing around with the Cloud Kilt (or skirt for HC ) in different areas. If for some reason I get setup all wrong with wind and rain, I can use the Cloud Kilt as additional protection in an area, I can also use my rain jacket zipped up around an end. So with the Tarp, Cloud Kilt, and rain jacket I can be very protected. After playing around with it yesterday, coverage is more than what I originally thought. I also tied the sides down closer, not very comfortable for getting into the hammock, but worse case it would provide a little more coverage.

Only bad thing about a tarp of this size and design is if it's blowing rain around, cooking under the tarp may be a problem unless I just keep the hammock put away until done. Another problem is your not going to be setup in much of a porch mode in blowing rain either. But, because of its design you have a pretty unobstructed view while in the hammock. Course not testing it yet in those conditions I can't say for sure.