Tarp
    Chinook 12 x 9.6
    Insulation
    Mummy bag
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images

DIY Double-ended stuff sack

I'm sure someone has already done this, but I have not seen one on the forum yet. I took some left over nylon from my DIY double hammock and made this stuff sack. I used the plans from the DIY Gear Supply website, but with the twist of adding a drawstring channel to both ends. I then sewed in a divider with a small gap in the center. I use polyester webbing as my suspension with descender rings that are attached by a Prusik to my hammock with Amsteel 7/64. I divided the bag to have one small end where I stow the head-end webbing, and the hammock and foot-end webbing go into the bigger side. I threaded the Amsteel through the gap in the divider so my rings are kept in the smaller end with the webbing, and the bag will not just slip off. I think I am gonna like this system. It keeps the tangling down to a minimum, and it was simple to do. Hope ya'll like it and can maybe use it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    diy HH
    Tarp
    10' x 8' diy cat
    Insulation
    Full down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ straps
    I like it.
    I have been working on on of these as well. Still not 100% happy but close. Here are a couple photos of mine. I made mine of noseeum and it doubles as a gear stash.

On my next version I am going to make it to be turned inside out when in storage mode so I will have a spot for my whoops and such but on the inside so the pockets done get pulled on in the pack and then when used as a ridge line bag it will be turned right side out for gear stow above my head.

Be careful gear stashes can be very addicting to fine tune.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Chinook 12 x 9.6
    Insulation
    Mummy bag
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by streamline View Post
    I like it.
    I have been working on on of these as well. Still not 100% happy but close. Here are a couple photos of mine. I made mine of noseeum and it doubles as a gear stash.

On my next version I am going to make it to be turned inside out when in storage mode so I will have a spot for my whoops and such but on the inside so the pockets done get pulled on in the pack and then when used as a ridge line bag it will be turned right side out for gear stow above my head.

Looks good! I really like the multi-purpose aspect of your design.

Be careful gear stashes can be very addicting to fine tune.
    You kidding? This is my second one since Sunday! The drawstring channels on my prototype were all screwed up. It was my first time sewing those, and it looked it!

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    I have a couple of double-ended stuff sacks for use with my MolllyMac pack. They're made of 1.1 camo ripstop. Instead of dividers in the stuff sacks, each has a pair of half-length cuben drybags with a roll top closures. The outer bag provides abrasion resistance and attachment to the pack, plus access to either of the drybags. (There's a third stuff sack for this system, but it has a full length dry bag and access from only one end.)

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Cool designs, guys. Thanks for the detailed pictures.
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    DIY 11' double layer 1.1
    Tarp
    huge DIY camo
    Insulation
    DIY 9oz. Primaloft
    Suspension
    7/64"whoopie sling
    It's a cross between a Blackbishop bag, and a double-ended stuff sack! That's brilliant!

PF
    It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Formerly known as Acercanto, my trail name is MacGuyver to some, and Pucker Factor to others.

It's not procrastinating, its proactively delaying the implementation of the energy-intensive phase of the project until the enthusiasm factor is at its maximum effectiveness. - Randy Glasbergen

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Chinook 12 x 9.6
    Insulation
    Mummy bag
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PuckerFactor View Post
    It's a cross between a Blackbishop bag, and a double-ended stuff sack! That's brilliant!

PF
    Thanks Puckerfactor! I thought it was sort of like the Blackbishop concept, but thought there were usually some loose ends hanging out of ones I had seen like in Shug's videos. I don't know how well it'd work for those using Whoopies, but I know a lot of us use webbing and rings like my setup. It is a dedicated application, but the bag is relatively tiny once emptied, while still keeping everything neat.

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Forgot to mention that I have a snakeskin with exterior pockets to hold the whoopies and tree straps, but it's not nearly as nice as emjackdad's and streamline's designs. Nice work!

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Chinook 12 x 9.6
    Insulation
    Mummy bag
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    Thanks WV! Nothing fancy, but it will get the job done. I'm sure I'll be tweaking it like we all do when we DIY!

• + New Posts