DIY, BB, Snipe
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutch n whoops
    Images
    Found on highway outside Zaleski trailhead: 1 red knit hippie hat. Will trade for sprouts.

Home Run

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Home Run View Post
    Found on highway outside Zaleski trailhead: 1 red knit hippie hat. Will trade for sprouts.

Home Run
    Missing from that hat is one fuzzy ball. Probably still rollin around in the floor of a maroon F150.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendertoe View Post
    Happy B day BTW Mike.

Enjoy a sip off the bottle and warm campfire for us.
    Thanks! I did enjoy a nip or 8. Can't think of a better way to spend my 42cnd. Well maybe I can but this was the cleanest.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Had a heck of a time gettin out the door for this trip. Just in the driveway I had to go back in the house about five times to grab somethin I forgot. I got about a half mile from the highway when I realized I forgot to put my new registration sticker on my tags that expired the next day. Back home I went to get the sticker. Got on the road and made it to Washington Courthouse when I realized the bag of food I had picked up that morning to stock my pack was still on the table at home. 20 min stop at Wally World and back on the road. My intentions were to meet Luke and Bannerstone at the trailhead for a dayhike but ended up hiking in by myself. Got to camp C and saw a couple hangers nearby. It turned out to be Homerun and Rayjay sportin a couple of superflys. I setup at the usual Zaleski hammock area and Luke and Bannerstone returned from their dayhike soon after. Some others strolled in as the evening went on. Treeslayer, Thirstybear, USMCStang and family, Ebola and son Gruntsalot, and the guy in camo's. Sorry your name slips my memory. The night came with severe weather warnings as we watched the clouds roll in and the light and sound show began. We had some exciting storms with some humidity to follow. Saturday we went for a nice bushwack to check out the rock formations close by. Some went for another hike after returning while others stuck around to lunch and relax. We all piled into USMCStangs truck for adrive to the Moonville tunnel. After that we settled into camp for a great evening around the campfire. Like Treeslayer said it was like Blazing Saddles around that campfire. Platypus rolled in after dark and joined us at the fire. Saturday night was cool and dry with a low of 37. After a lazy Sunday I broke camp and was the last to hike out. There were a few Emberlits bein used and was great to check them out. Of course Luke's Cuban fortress was most impressive as well as his very interesting side tie out pole mod. He was sporting a sweet cuban pack too. Be on the lookout for Treeslayers publication on how to survive off ramen for a weekend and Thirstybear's krammock to hit the scene. Great way to spend my birthday weekend, I had a great time and enjoyed meeting the new folks and seein the regulars, all great additions to the Ohio group! AGO!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    Nice write up and pics.

Can't believe you guys finally made it to the tunnel... 4th times a charm I guess

• + New Posts
  • Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910