Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ridge Lines

Hammock
    DIYZipper top entry
    Tarp
    MEC silnylon
    Images
    When making a new hammock and setting the ridge line I use two biners to connect to the hammock supports. I tie one biner on solid, and make a few knots in the ridge line at intervals that I think are "close" to being correct. The knots are larger than the tie area in the biner and jam there making it easy to change lengths until I get it right. When I hit the correct length I untie the unused knots tie it off at that point. Has worked well so far.

I'm modifying my HH. I plan to replace the outside lines, those that go from the ends of the Hammock to the tree, with a cinch buckle and 1 inch straps (I'm using ideas posted elsewhere on the site). I am doing this to stop the tremendous sag I have experience over the years, regardless of how many times I stretched and retied the HH before going to bed for the night.
    The HH line under the tarp/bug net and between the hammock's ends, is a smaller line which I was not planning to replace. My thought is that the line between the ends of the hammock are not going to affect the hammock's sag at night. It looks like, if anything, the inside line actually has reduced strain when I get into the hammock and the sag would be the same regardless of the strength of the inside line or even if I left it out completely. I guess what I am asking is, is there any advantage of replacing the line between the hammock ends if I am currently happy with the "initial" sag to total ridgeline length?
    If you faint in the face of adversity, your faith is small--Solomon

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dog View Post
    I'm modifying my HH. I plan to replace the outside lines, those that go from the ends of the Hammock to the tree, with a cinch buckle and 1 inch straps (I'm using ideas posted elsewhere on the site). I am doing this to stop the tremendous sag I have experience over the years, regardless of how many times I stretched and retied the HH before going to bed for the night.
    The HH line under the tarp/bug net and between the hammock's ends, is a smaller line which I was not planning to replace. My thought is that the line between the ends of the hammock are not going to affect the hammock's sag at night. It looks like, if anything, the inside line actually has reduced strain when I get into the hammock and the sag would be the same regardless of the strength of the inside line or even if I left it out completely. I guess what I am asking is, is there any advantage of replacing the line between the hammock ends if I am currently happy with the "initial" sag to total ridgeline length?
    No, if you're happy with the HH ridgeline there's no need to replace it.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123