Hammock
    Hyperlite & Claytor JH
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, CCF & BA
    Images

JH and SWT arrived today! [added Nest]

Needless to say it was like Xmas here today. It's been hot all week in the 80s! I've been packing up for a trip to the mountains this weekend with the goats. Mail lady honked and I ran to graciously receive a string wrapped box from Bangkok ..woohoo! I just got bak in the house and the FedXe truck rumbles up with my Speers Tarp! Soo the rest of the afternoon was spent hanging around:
    Here's a few pix:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/n0tu.qrp...37667597503634

Lots of work to do with suspension system on the JH and tarps. But for now I'm packing up for a ham radio event - Field Day this weekend. I'll shoot more pics and maybe some video. I'll upload some of the pics to the gallery later.

Mama bear say I must be drunk? I say NOT so! I just grinning so hard my beer leaks out and drips on my shirt. Dang!

Cheers, Steve
    Last edited by goatman; 06-27-2008 at 12:13. Reason: morfing to JH w/nest

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by goatman View Post
    Needless to say it was like Xmas here today. It's been hot all week in the 80s! I've been packing up for a trip to the mountains this weekend with the goats. Mail lady honked and I ran to graciously receive a string wrapped box from Bangkok ..woohoo! I just got bak in the house and the FedXe truck rumbles up with my Speers Tarp! Soo the rest of the afternoon was spent hanging around:
    Here's a few pix:

Lots of work to do with suspension system on the JH and tarps. But for now I'm packing up for a ham radio event - Field Day this weekend. I'll shoot more pics and maybe some video. I'll upload some of the pics to the gallery later.

Mama bear say I must be drunk? I say NOT so! I just grinning so hard my beer leaks out and drips on my shirt. Dang!

Cheers, Steve
    great pictures,the claytor jungle rocks.best hammock there isneo
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by goatman View Post
    Here's a few pix:

Cheers, Steve

Dang it I forgot field day is this weekend and I will be away from radio's all weekend darn it....... NOW that makes me mad at myself ugggggggggggggg
    have fun

73's

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Those are some really cool pics. Congrats on the new gear.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7Dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, Te-Wa UQ
    Suspension
    Straps dutch-clips
    Just a thought:
    You may want to tie some shock-cord into your bugnet lines.
    I've got them on the lines from my Clark's bugnet. That way, when I get in the hammock and it stretches . . . I don't have to worry about tearing my bugnet.

Enjoy your new setup!!

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RAW View Post
    Just a thought:
    I've got them on the lines from my Clark's bugnet. That way, when I get in the hammock and it stretches . . . I don't have to worry about tearing my bugnet.

Enjoy your new setup!!
    My Clayton JH came stock with shock cord on the bugnet lines...but I'm not assuming that is always the case
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    Hyperlite & Claytor JH
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, CCF & BA
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RAW View Post
    Just a thought:
    Tks RAW! Yep the JH came with some shock-cord and I've got them working for me just as you described.

Slept in the JH last night and the low was 48F. First thing I noticed was the tarp's ridge line cord was rubbing against the bottom side of the tarp as I swung back and forth. Making a loud rubbing noise or it seemed loud? I quickly adjusted the tarp to lift off the ridgeline to kill the annoyance!

I used 1/2" WM blue CCF pad under my BA 2-1/2" air mattress with a light down quilt on top of me. Did fine ...except for when I slipped off the CCF pad and woke up to cold spots. It's going to take some fine tuning to get the JH tweaked out I'm sure ...perfect hang as far as head vrs foot end height, pad combos, vapor barrier and sleeping postions etc. I was mostly comfortable except for the sliding to the foot end? Must have had the foot end too low??

Tonight I'm going to sleep in the HH w/Nest to compare. Probably an unfair comparison? But I remember the HH being a little more comfy? Maybe it was fact I could do more diagonal positions? But the top entry on the JH has me convinced I need to do the zipper mod to my HH soon!

Cheers...

Hammock
    Hyperlite & Claytor JH
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, CCF & BA
    Images
    OK! I fixed the JH's suspension with the SMC rings and some 1/2" tubular webbing. Also decided to try my Nest with the JH. Fits like a glove! Real test will be does it keep me warm at altitude? Tonight I'll be 9000' with temps dipping into low 40s? But I'll have several pads along just incase! I added more pix:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/n0tu.qrp...03098317810770

Hanging low with a high attitude.

• + New Posts