Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    JRB Mw3/ HG Burrow
    Suspension
    UCR's / Dutchware
    You could try reseting the router. Most have a hole to press in a pen or small object. Hold it there for a 10 seconds or so. Keep in mind you may have to set up a new password if it currently a secure network.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
    I had a similar problem...couldn't get HF or WB, tried everything to no effect, and then, one day, like magic, all was well. I love a mystery.
    Quote Originally Posted by chewbacca View Post
    You could try reseting the router. Most have a hole to press in a pen or small object. Hold it there for a 10 seconds or so. Keep in mind you may have to set up a new password if it currently a secure network.
    So I have reset the router with the paper clip and have a new unsecured network. Plus I have unplugged router and comcast modem several times now. I can connect very quickly to all web pages except hf. Maybe the comcast modem (only been using comcast for about a month now) needs to be reset? Oh such fun! What could have changed overnight?

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    BB - Try power-cycling your Comcast router.

If that doesn't help, PM me with your IP address. We'll look at it from the server side and try to see if traffic is being blocked between HF's server and your router.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    For what it's worth, if you mistype your forum login more than 5 times, the HF server will put your IP on the block list for a period of time. That's a very useful security feature, but sometimes overzealous typers get tripped up by it.

I don't know if that's what's happening here, just sharing info.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    I have also noticed delays in other connections. It may be another backbone traffic squabble.

Senior Member carolinasbackpacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Hammock gear
    Suspension
    dutch hook mostly
    It's the solar storms!!!

Seriously though if AS doesn't see a problem delete your cookies, temp files browsing history, etc...

you can go to download.com and get pitform's Ccleaner. I use it all the time cleaning up customer's computers.
    Show of Life Media Youtube Channel

The Carolinas Backpackpacker Chronicles

I'm drawn to the open country. Its where the world makes the most sense. When I put myself out there I always return with something new.

Hammock
    Dream, Sparrow and Raven
    Tarp
    HG Cuban, SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG quilts
    Suspension
    UCR, always change
    Images
    I would do the paper clip only as a last resort. We have Verizon Fios. What they say to do is: 1) Power down the router. 2) power down your PC 3) Unplug the power to the router 4) Unscrew the cable going into the router. 5) count to 15 seconds. Reverse it all, powering up the router LAST. Let it totally refresh (not reset). Logon and see if your email is working. Then hit a web site like news or something. When ever I've had issues, this always resolves it and I've never done the paper clip.

After that, you can get into the router and check it out, you should have some instructions on that. But if still a no-go, then as a last resort, paper clip it. But I would call the service provider before you do that.
    Call me Junior

Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    "For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away" Bryan Adams....
    "Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes." - sargevining on HF

Images
    I am connecting directly through my Comcast cable. Spent some time last night with CC tech support, confirming it is not the cable modem. Since I can connect easily through it, as long as I leave the router out of the loop. With the router- either wireless or via the router's ethernet direct wired connection, no HF. Everything else, just no HF. I was going to try what AS said and send him my IP address, and I still might. But there is a new problem since I have reset the router, I can not establish a secured network. Windows will not even ask for the password, it just refuses to sign on and Windows trouble shooting is no help.

So, I am probably just going to head down to WM and get a new router. It seems like I have to reboot ( disconnect power ) this router way to often any way.

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Seems you never did a hard reset of the router.
    Don't forget to get one that's capable of transmitting then new HF channel and all its virtual reality games --it'll take a lot of bandwidth, being 3D and Dolby 5.1 -- out to your iPad 4 on the back 40.
    Whatever.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    I am connecting directly through my Comcast cable. Spent some time last night with CC tech support, confirming it is not the cable modem. Since I can connect easily through it, as long as I leave the router out of the loop. With the router- either wireless or via the router's ethernet direct wired connection, no HF. Everything else, just no HF. I was going to try what AS said and send him my IP address, and I still might. But there is a new problem since I have reset the router, I can not establish a secured network. Windows will not even ask for the password, it just refuses to sign on and Windows trouble shooting is no help.

So, I am probably just going to head down to WM and get a new router. It seems like I have to reboot ( disconnect power ) this router way to often any way.
    I have been unable to connect to the forum for over a week. I keep getting this:
    Method Not Implemented
    GET to / not supported.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Firefox will not access the forum. All my other website addresses work fine. For an experiment I loaded IE was able to log in.
    BillBob if it makes a difference I use comcast as well.
    I don't believe I have changed or updated anything just one day HF is there and the next it is not. I got the same error message the first time the forum went down a couple weeks ago.
    If it makes a difference I have the auto logon selected so I never really log off the site.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast