Quote Originally Posted by Ramblinrev View Post
The fabric I have that would like to use is 44" wide. This is obviously much narrower than the directions call for. I assume this narrower width would cause some serious squeeze in either one or both mode. Does any one have any speculation as to the feasibility of adding fabric to the side via flat-felt seams too arrive at the appropriate width? I have the material to do it... but not much more than that. Should I add to just one side, alternate the side I add to on the inner and outer body or split the addition on both dies of the body on each layer?

I recognize there might not be any previous knowledge for this question... The fabric was out of the $1 bin so it would not be devastating loss if it didn't work. But I hate to waste the nergy and potentially the fabric.
Hidden in the fine print is the confession that when I made the DMB, I cut the inner body into three pieces, and the outer body into three pieces. For a body there was a "wide" piece that made up the portion of the body belong the flat-felled seam. The other two pieces were the bits that lay above it.

The wide piece is less than 44". So indeed the flat-felled seam technique to make the body wider will work---has worked for me.

Grizz