DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Quote Originally Posted by deerfu View Post
    I tried out one of the 8.5 tarps this weekend and have decided to keep them. They will need sealing but for the $$ that was spent on 'em they'll make nice tarps for car camping. This will also save wear and tear on my better tarps. I used this one hung on the diagonal over my wbbb and had great coverage in porch mode and tied straight down to block the wind.
    I have been debating this too. My 2 have been boxed back up with the return label on them since all this started...but just sitting here while I debate things. For the $$ I think I should keep too. Doesn't mean I'm happy by any means, and I still feel like we got screwed a bit. But they would come in handy for mild weather rather than tugging the Funky Tarps around, and they'd also be good back ups and lenders. I know my son "Gutter" has been thinking of having a friend come along some time so they'd come in handy there too. Out of principle, and disgust, I want to send back. Out of economics and some common since, I feel I should keep.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunnr72 View Post
    I have one of the guide gear tarps from last year. I saw this thread, and figured I would order 2 more. This weekend I had a camp out with the scouts. It rained most of the day saturday and I had the guide gear tarp up as a "common" shelter for all. So I got back Sunday and decided it was time to place the order. 2 on the way, then decided to check this thread. WOW, what a shock, called Monday and cancelled the order. Big dissapointment.
    I'm taking names down of those lucky ones with the great Guide Gear tarps...and you are not to far from me . Don't be surprised if we're at a hang together some time and your tarp is replaced by an 8.5 x 8.5 minimal little dinky Guide Gear impostor Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by DivaB View Post
    Out of principle, and disgust, I want to send back. Out of economics and some common since, I feel I should keep.
    I'm in the same boat. I did send mine back for a couple reasons. They're not what I wanted (at all- size, material, quality). And even though it's a good deal, I don't want to keep 2 tarps that I'll be planning on replacing soon anyway. I figured I might as well get my $50 back, and put that towards maybe just 1 decent tarp rather than these 2.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Quote Originally Posted by akx View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I did send mine back for a couple reasons. They're not what I wanted (at all- size, material, quality). And even though it's a good deal, I don't want to keep 2 tarps that I'll be planning on replacing soon anyway. I figured I might as well get my $50 back, and put that towards maybe just 1 decent tarp rather than these 2.
    I definitely see your point!! Had I paid the full price, it would be a no brainer and I'd send them back also.

I've made up my mind and I'm keeping them. On my end, with coupons, special check out and such, it was like only $8 a tarp. Doing my own seam sealing (however you do that) and redoing the tie outs, there really is no beating that.

Hammock
    Warbonnet(s)
    Tarp
    situational
    Insulation
    Love+down+IX
    Suspension
    Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by DivaB View Post
    I've made up my mind and I'm keeping them. On my end, with coupons, special check out and such, it was like only $8 a tarp.
    I am keeping the tarps I got as well. With coupons, complaining, etc, I ended up paying $11 a tarp shipped. I am going to use them as practice for learning how to cat cut a tarp, and add some proper tie-outs. I already have a nice tarp or two, and these will be perfect for summer motorcycle camping...and covering firewood.

Really annoyed. I ordered right away when I saw the thread title. Unfortunately I'm in Canada and am paying extra for duties and shipping. The package has already shipped and duties paid so there isn't much turning back now. I'm just feeling ripped off. Ordered 2 12x12's and a 16x16

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by tjacques View Post
    Really annoyed. I ordered right away when I saw the thread title. Unfortunately I'm in Canada and am paying extra for duties and shipping. The package has already shipped and duties paid so there isn't much turning back now. I'm just feeling ripped off. Ordered 2 12x12's and a 16x16
    have you tried calling the company (sportsmans or bargain) that you ordered from?? When I called them, they said that if I was at home when the package was delivered, that I could refuse delivery. Since I was calling them I have it on (their) record that the tarps are not what they were supposed to be. And they said they would return my money when they got the box back. I can't advise you on how this will work or not because I wasn't at home when the box was delivered.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Notice they've removed the correct sizes that they had added in for a very brief time? What is going on with these people?

Thing is, we still have members purchasing who don't realize what they're getting, and hadn't seen this thread.

Called them...it's back, but just not red like it was.

Hammock
    BB 1.1 & 1.7
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    My guide gear 11.5x14 emergency shelter arrived today. It also has a couple of issues: the seams are not sealed and the tie outs could definitely use some reinforcement. That being said, this thing is huge and I can't wait to try it out . I think the cat cut on it will help pitch it tight. I paid 26.97 with free shipping and it appears to be well worth it ($10 off because they cancelled my 16x16 when they mysteriously disappeared from the shelves). Most of the weight stated on the website comes from the heavy lines, poly bags and steel poles which won't be used. Even for the price stated on the website I'd buy another one, seam sealer isn't expensive

Hammock
    Crinkle Custom
    Tarp
    HH
    Insulation
    brrr
    Suspension
    Whoopies, Straps
    So do they still have the 16 x 16 ?
    "What one Man can do, another can do!"
    Jons4real

http://www.youtube.com/user/jons4real