Hammock
    grand trunk skeeter beeter pro
    Tarp
    Guide Gear
    Insulation
    home made UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I have not gotten mine yet but I think it is important that we all complain. the more of us there are the more likely they will do somthing to fix it. like send us the larger tarp or refund ect. I know the first call I'll be making after measuring mine will be to customer service. ( if that fails) The next thing will be to post a bad review about their service on the web. It is a numbers game is it worth a $20 profit to lose a customer sure is! how about 20 customers? how about countless ones they don't even have yet that will read our bad reviews and choose to shop elsewhere. nuff said my $0.02

Hammock
    Grand Trunk single
    Tarp
    Hay cover
    Insulation
    DIY fleece
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    My tarp is in transit and not due to arrive until Thursday, but I really prefer to be proactive in a situation like this. So I responded to the nice unhelpful customer service person and would urge others to do the same:

Dear Denise Mahoney,

Thank you for your response to my email. I think you may misunderstand the fundamental problem. The Guide Gear Tarp has been highly popular for several years. People wait, as I did, for the limited annual availability of this tarp. This year the tarps which you are shipping appear to be significantly different from the tarps you have provided in the past, although your catalog description has not changed. Has anybody from your organization taken the time to open and LOOK at the new tarps? Have you changed suppliers or specifications?

There is some speculation on outdoor forums that you may have changed from providing the square measurements to using the diagonal or point to point measurements of the tarps. If so, you NEED to make that clear immediately in your catalog description. I am only one of several dozen people who have ordered tarps recently and find themselves receiving unacceptable products. This is potentially costly for us and for you, as well as damaging to your reputation. Please give this your immediate attention.

Thank you,

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    GoLiteTQ/3SPhoenix
    Suspension
    DG whoopies + MSH
    Images
    well put sweetmusic, thanks for taking the time to draft that response.

Hammock
    grand trunk skeeter beeter pro
    Tarp
    Guide Gear
    Insulation
    home made UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetmusic View Post
    My tarp is in transit and not due to arrive until Thursday, but I really prefer to be proactive in a situation like this. So I responded to the nice unhelpful customer service person and would urge others to do the same:

Dear Denise Mahoney,

Thank you for your response to my email. I think you may misunderstand the fundamental problem. The Guide Gear Tarp has been highly popular for several years. People wait, as I did, for the limited annual availability of this tarp. This year the tarps which you are shipping appear to be significantly different from the tarps you have provided in the past, although your catalog description has not changed. Has anybody from your organization taken the time to open and LOOK at the new tarps? Have you changed suppliers or specifications?

There is some speculation on outdoor forums that you may have changed from providing the square measurements to using the diagonal or point to point measurements of the tarps. If so, you NEED to make that clear immediately in your catalog description. I am only one of several dozen people who have ordered tarps recently and find themselves receiving unacceptable products. This is potentially costly for us and for you, as well as damaging to your reputation. Please give this your immediate attention.

Thank you,
    precisely the type of communication I was hoping for! well done sweetmusic. everyone who ordered one should follow suit.

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Very diplomatic sweetmusic. And it is good you said several "Outdoor" forums without putting the spotlight on HF.
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Hammock
    Byers mosq trav, tablecloth
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Eno Hotspot, pluq
    Suspension
    huggers, Byers
    Quote Originally Posted by hanging pirate View Post
    precisely the type of communication I was hoping for! well done sweetmusic. everyone who ordered one should follow suit.
    I suppose we could link to this thread.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    JRB Mw3/ HG Burrow
    Suspension
    UCR's / Dutchware
    We could also point them to the fact that his thread alone has had nearly 6000 views in a mater of a week....

Quote Originally Posted by sweetmusic View Post

Dear Denise Mahoney,

Thank you,

Has anyone who has been in contact with them addressed the lack of taped seams? If they are not wanting to make things right based on the fact that they are 12x12 on the diagonal, they should based on the lack of seam tape. I for one have printed out the online page showing the product description...just in case it should change between now and when I get my tarp!

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scubacat View Post
    And if you talk to them, don't forget to mention this statement from their ad "Factory-taped seams ensure waterproof protection" Anyone find a taped seam anywhere on these tarps?
    Ahh, That alone is a factory defect.
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Hammock
    HH Exp Asym Zip
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Webing
    I wonder if I can refuse the shipment at this point and get a full refund? I guess I will need to call them. Mine apparently just shipped today even though I ordered last Thursday.

Just spoke with CS at Bargin Outfitters and they said they had had multiple calls about this item and Kathy was going to do a "bin check". I guess they want to verify that all of these tarps are the smaller size. The CS agent I spoke with stated that if they were not the right size I would be refunded cost plus shipping.
    Last edited by Mike210; 03-19-2012 at 13:50. Reason: New Information

• + New Posts
  • Page 21 of 57 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast