If you watch the For Sale thread on here you will probably notice my name every now and then. In the past year I have owned 6 hammocks and sold all but one of them. My wife calls me picky but I consider myself thorough. I am not made of money and when I spend that kinda money on a product, of any kind, I expect it to exceed expectations.

My list includes WBBB, WB Traveler, JRB BMBH, HH Expedition, ENO DoubleNest, and TTTG Switchback.

For me and my money the Switchback is the easy winner.

There is no sense telling you why all the others did not work for me(message me and I will). Because they might easily work for you. I will share my feelings about the SB to help you understand why I picked it.

It is simple. I have found that as advertised it is quite easy to hang. In fact just find two trees and string it up. In my experiments anywhere from 45* to 10* is fine, although it likes to be tighter. Anywhere in that range I can find a sweet spot somewhere in that hammock. It might not be the same place everytime, but its there. And I don't have to fiddle with a structural ridge line. Is it too tight, or too loose? Just hang it up and wiggle around till you find it.

It is comfortable. The first time I strung it up tight I was amazed at all the different sleeping positions I could comfortably sleep in. Back, left side, right side, fetal position; all were so very comfortable. And no ridge calf pressure, which use to put my legs to sleep in other hammocks. And all were very flat, which is good for my knees. I claim it is just as flat as a bridge, my knees agree.

It is durable. Ok so I should really hold of on this claim until I have for for a few years. But I have had hammocks that your could tell would never last within a few days. This one is crafted very well. And the more I use it the more I like it. No seam stressing here!

When you come to Hammock Forums as a noob you will find about 10,000 different opinions. But the same reasons that some people like mayo and others hate it are factors in hammocks. We are all different. Don't be afraid to experiment. Dont' be afraid to try. And don't be afraid to cut away from the crowd.