Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images

Zipper Install On Bmb Bugnet

Here's what did on Father's day.
    The pictures look a little odd due to the wide angle lens, but these are of my installation of a zipper on the bugnet of my JRB Bear Mountain Bridge. The bugnet is still completely removable and in fact is shown in the pictures with the mistake I made off installing the zipper upside down, not that it matters, but if it were a waterproof zipper it would have.
    Get the picture? I love this hammock. Mule
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Nice job Mule.

I wondered how long it would take you to mod the BMB

Since you are so fond of your BMB I've decided to give mine another chance and use it on an overnight before pass final judgement.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    Nice job Mule.

I wondered how long it would take you to mod the BMB

Since you are so fond of your BMB I've decided to give mine another chance and use it on an overnight before pass final judgement.
    H4U, I was hoping you would try it again. I'm sure not everyone will like it, but I really do. I have been looking for ONE hammock that would stop the insanity! I think I found it. In fact I have been changing my suspension system to be as light as possible just for the BMB. After I got that hammock I noticed my suspension systems were all made to be generic. I madet them that way because I had so many hammocks to hang from it, Now I see a much simpler way with the bridge. You have been working on lightweight suspension for some time, but now I feel that since I have the BMB to plan around, now I can start shaving the ounces. See, it's inspired me. You may still find it isn't for you, but it really did help to have Pan explain what I was going to find when I tried it out.
    For instance, the bugnet seems too large when you put it on, but when you lay in it, you need the extra width. I still don't see why it's so long. I have to take up about five inches with the OMNI stuff in the center. I will be looking forward to seeing how you do.
    mule

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Great job on the zipper. I cant stand the noise velcro/omni tape bugnets make. Now you wont wake fellow campers.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Looking good Mule! I hope I'll get to check it out in person one of these days.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    BB
    Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    te-wa Freeze
    Suspension
    whoOpie slings
    Images
    looks great. did you find that the netting is a few (maybe 8) inches longer than the hammock body? did this affect the zipper placement?

(i found that the mesh on my bmbh has quite a bit left over on the sides, after attaching the ends first, as described in the instructions. im sure there is a reason for this, that I cannot understand, yet.)

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeinfhaz View Post
    looks great. did you find that the netting is a few (maybe 8) inches longer than the hammock body? did this affect the zipper placement?

(i found that the mesh on my bmbh has quite a bit left over on the sides, after attaching the ends first, as described in the instructions. im sure there is a reason for this, that I cannot understand, yet.)
    Mike,

(Here is a paste of the email sent a few moments ago in response to your questions on this subject.)

You have the correct netting.

It is made larger on purpose, for several reasons

First as one moves from the center to the end lounger position the shape of the
    curve in the hammock changes so that perfect fit ot/netting was stressed and or
    separated or was hard to attach...

Second it is large enough so that when one sits sideways, swing style it is
    large enough to extend over the knees and cover to normal hiking sock level.
    Additionally, if it is very buggy it still has enough to allow the fastening to
    the hammock right up the the short at the thigh.... We believe this to be a very
    desirable capability during long lunch breaks, during end of day alternating
    chores/rest etc.

Third, we normally just attach the ends and the first 6-10 inches of the sides
    and let it hang. This is fare easier The extra length, again is what makes
    this convience possible...

Alternatively a more bug secure but simple approach in to let it fall in the
    hammock between you and the hammock side.

Finally. when the utmost of bug securuty is need, simply fasten from the ends to
    the center of each side, pinch any remaining omnitape on itself and the seal is
    complete. Looks loke you have discovered this point.

How do you like the hammock and its lay? When are you planning an overnight in
    it?

Jack/Pan

---- The Stivers <[email protected]> wrote:
    > hey Pan, Smee. Mikeinfhaz
    > I was assembling my new Bridge hammock and following the directions I still
    came up with a bunch of excess mesh along the sides. Almost so that I thought I
    was sent some mesh for a "long" size BMBH, but it only comes in one size... so
    is this fixable or normal or what? (it seems to me that the omni tape affixed to
    the hammock cannot possibly "grow" so I dont know what the heck is going on...)
    confused in AZ...
    >

Mike, as an additional point, you have a fair quetion that has been asked by others that have not seen the BMBH at TD or one of our MAHHA or Winter Hangs....Soon as we get a chance, we will be putting togeter a booklet on BMBH facts, tricks etc. to go with future BMBH orders.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeinfhaz View Post

Mikeinphaz, and Pan.
    Yes, the net is longer as Pan explains. Since I put a zipper on mine, I find that the best way to leave it on and not put anything under stress is to:
    1. Attach the ends as Pan suggests above
    2. Attach the middle of the net to the middle of the hammock. (I mark all my hammocks in the center, as well as the bugnets)
    3. then attach a small amount of Omni at the centers of those two loose areas
    4. etc., etc. until every few inches is a pleat or gathering to be closed by pinching the gathered places shut.
    5. do this on both sides of the center marks on both sides of the hammock and you have a fairly evenly spaced bugnet on the hammock but with wrinkles every few inches.
    Now I can leave the bugnet on and enter and exit through the zippers.
    Mule

Hammock
    BB
    Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    te-wa Freeze
    Suspension
    whoOpie slings
    Images
    thanks for the public posting, in case others have the same questions. Mike

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    I just got back from a trip to the Hoosier National Forest. We hiked in and camped on Browning hill Monday night. The BMB was great. Though I miss the ability to stretch out my arms sideways a bit in my Claytor, I enjoyed sleeping on my side in this great hammock. I am staying with this one. I got out the bridge I made during the winter and hung it in the back yard and its also great, made to Grizzy Adam's plans. I didn't get a good hang in it this winter in my garage because the places in the garage where I had to hang from were too high. When I put the tension on it it needed, it was great.
    Went mountain biking before we returned from the forest.
    Terrific time in a terrific Bear Mountain Bridge.
    Attached Images Attached Images

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast