Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    It was locked in my jeep liberty that has tinted windows. It was a lucky score for them I guess. There is no way that this will affect what we do at the church. I'm not going to close just because someone made a bad decision that inconvenienced me and me alone. Most all of these folks are great people that are just in a hard spot right now. That's the bigger issue for me. Stuff I can replace, time spent helping I cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bannerstone View Post
    secondechomatt,

Sorry to hear you lost out on an outing and all your gear but I'm mostly glad that your heart is at peace with it. Possibly there will be something important that you needed to be at home for this weekend.

David
    That has been my thought too David.

Quote Originally Posted by deerfu View Post
    Great attitude Matt! I know it's easy to say from my armchair position but try not to sweat the loss. It may not be much but if you're interested I have a brand new, never slept in, Pawley's Island hammock that I can "pay it forward" to you if you're interested. It's not a Hennesy but almost identical to an Eno DN. I have another that I've spent many nights in hangin' at home since last summer. They are very roomy and comfy to me. We have a lot of homeless folks around the Atlanta area now and it's just by the grace of God that I'm not one myself ( I make my living in construction). It's your's if you need it, just pm me- Robby
    Robby! Thanks man. I'm a bit overwhelmed when folks reach out like that. PM inbound man. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by exup View Post
    I'm very sorry for all that's been lost. Your possitive attitude through the situation is amazing. I know you don't want pitty, or a helping hand, but why don't you list all that was taken. Even if it can't be replaced by our community there's a good possibility that someone will have some stuff to atleast get you hangin, cooking, and hiking again til you can buy the stuff you lost.
    I didn't have a lot of nice stuff. The hammock was by far the most expensive piece! My pack was an old camptrails wilderness internal frame, an off brand inflateable pad and a 20 degree slumberjack bag. The only other thing of value was my water pump, but that was old too! I made my stove and modified an esbit cookset I got at the army surplus. There was miscellaneous gear in there, but nothing big.

So, I really do just look at this as a time to put together a better gear set that will take care of my behind a little better on the trail. Thank you. This community has continued to surprise and humble me! I hope to get to a group hang sometime to put some faces to screen names!

Quote Originally Posted by hommes90 View Post
    Thanks for keeping the faith, Matt.
    It never wavers!
    Last edited by secondechomatt; 03-17-2012 at 08:03.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by secondechomatt View Post
    I pastor a small church just north of Detroit. It's a great place! On Fridays we run a warming center that lets folks that need it get a hot lunch, clean clothes and a hot shower. Typically, we will see anywhere between 75 and 100 homeless folks come in on Friday.
    Well no good deed goes unpunished eh?

Great ministry heart and inspiring that you chose to minister in an area that obviously needs it. I pray for much success to be yours.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    WBBB Mamajamba
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Bless you Matt. And bless Robby Deerfu for making his concern and sympathy real!

Hammock
    Crinkle Custom
    Tarp
    HH
    Insulation
    brrr
    Suspension
    Whoopies, Straps
    I really love it when I see this community bring it together for another member.
    "What one Man can do, another can do!"
    Jons4real

http://www.youtube.com/user/jons4real

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    I HOPE it was one of the homeless guys that I have been getting to know. It has settled me a little more knowing that tonight, if they can figure it out, someone will be warm, dry, well fed and sleeping like a baby.
    Yours is the heart of a true Pastor.

“What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open country, and go after the one that is lost, until he finds it? " Luke 15:4

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. John 10:10

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL & 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB SF, WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I am a new member here but I wanted to say that i am sorry about what happened to you. It really bothers me when someone steals from me and it has happened a couple of times. It wasn't the value of what was taken but just the idea that someone in a group of folks, that I thought I knew, took something from me. I have always been the kind of guy that would go out of my way to help others when I could. If you really need something I have all anyone has had to do was ask. But please just don't steal it from me.
    I believe that something good will come of this incident. Seems it already has. You are already finding out that you have new friends on here that are willing to help, either possibly with gear or at least with concern. Who knows.... it may steer someone who is lost to where they need to be. Keep up the good work you do for those less fortunate.

Images
    White Mountain Hammock is having a St. Patrick's Day giveaway. Put your name in and may the luck of the Irish be with you (whether you are or not )

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=49252

lol, I did! I thought it was very timely!

I am humbled and floored by the generosity that you folks have shown me, a relative newcomer to this community. I'm doing my best to respond to the pm's and offers. This wasn't my intent on coming here, just wanted to share. Thank you. From the deepest parts of me, thank you.

secondechomatt, you see your duty, and you act accordingly. I admire the evidence of you inner convictions. You really lost nothing but a few possessions, your example goes far to demonstrate the value of "love your neighbor as yourself".

Pm inbound...

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast