Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    seriously folks. I've sat here today as my inbox blew up. Reading words, sent by people I've never met, who want to help me out. Very humbling.

The way things are going, I'll be back in action in no time at all. I cannot simply convey my emotions completely over written word. Some of you I want to hug...or shake hands if you're not a "hugger".

Some have asked what I need yet...

At this point, a tarp and a pad, BUT I just plan on heading to wally world to get some cheap stuff and get back out there. Or get a ponch liner, something like that. It doesn't have to be pretty, just has to work, right?

I didn't even really take inventory of what I lost. It's just stuff. I know what I need to get back to hanging and the community took care of that for me. Thank you. Seriously thank you.

I have an extra blue pad too... ill put it in the box...
    And a cheapo 5x7 tarp...

God bless you and your amazing attitude Matt. I will help any people I can, however I can, but having my property destroyed and stolen is not on my list of charitable giving! Shutting down the chow line would not be my solution, but I would make sure that I spread the word among the flock as to what happened. They should help police their own community.
    Hang in there and thank you for sharing your story. Faith like yours is an example to us all.

Hammock
    still working on my diy

sorry i can't help

I really have nothing to offer in the way of stuff. I'm one of the poor people. My own hammock is only half done, I have to wait till pay day to get money to finish it. But what I can do is pray that God will continue to bless you. Thanks for being a good example.

Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    I'm sorry to hear about what happened, and I'm glad to hear that you have a great attitude about it. I don't have much in the way of spare gear but you're welcome to what I do have available. We'll get you hanging agian in no time.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

Trail name: Radar

2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

Hammock
    WBRR & WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom Old Man Win
    Insulation
    My fat butt
    Suspension
    My kids
    Hearing your story made me think about how I would have reacted in the same situation and I've got to say that I would not have the same outlook on the situation as you do. It is really humbling to hear your outlook on the situation and I hope you keep up the good works that you do and that God blesses you for it.

Hammock
    Who can choose?
    Tarp
    DW Bonded P2F
    Insulation
    Unicorn Fur
    Suspension
    Beckett hitch
    Matt -

Thank you for posting your story - I thought about it and realized that it would take me a little time to get to where you are about someone stealing my camping gear. I thought about that as well, and realized that it is because camping is a precious thing to me and the gear is wrapped up with that; thanks for reminding me that, in the end, it's just stuff. And if I am more attached to my stuff than I am in tune with the human need around me, then I have a bigger problem than potential theft.

I pray that God continues to bless you, my friend. Any camping supplies you - or your ministry - could use, PM me and I'll see if I have some gear lying around that fits your needs.

Ted
    Medical professional, semi-professional Scouter, aspiring layabout.
    "If it's stupid, and it works - it's not stupid."

S487-132

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite
    Tarp
    BMJ Spinn w/Doors
    Insulation
    M55BurroClone/Yeti
    Suspension
    Slings'n'Stuff
    Matt,
    Your perspective and good works help restore my faith in faith.
    Apparently kindness is contagious. A wonderful thing.

After this, I wanted to give back to the forum, so I donated! Thanks again to all of you that jumped to help out. I am beyond blessed. I should be able to get back on the trail soon!

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End 1.9
    Tarp
    STS 10x10 Escapist
    Insulation
    DIY Full Length UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Straps
    If you don't have a cook kit just yet, I have a basic Fosters cook kit complete with an diy elite stove, squeeze bottle, ziploc container w/ cozy. Just PM me you're address and I can ship it over this week.

I wish I had your attitude when it comes to dealing with things like this. You have humbled me and can learn from you.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast