Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12'
    Insulation
    Snugpak
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I too use the dryfly, but have had it out only once in adverse conditions. I had it up during a snowstorm this winter, which consisted of high winds and heavy, wet snow. the tarp kept me dry and out of the wind, despite the catcuts. I found it very easy to adjust it to be taught, unlike some other hammocking tarps. The included stuff sack is not very good though. after having to re-engineer my rolling technique about ten times, I finall switched it out to some snake skins. If you would like more info, I sugest you check out the blog located in my signature.
    The Urban Outdoorsman- inspiring people to get out and enjoy the great outdoors

View my blog here- http://cityoutdoorsman.wordpress.com

Instagram: Nature_Pro_Pics
    Twitter: @cityoutdoorsman

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dbl/Switchback
    Tarp
    MacCatDlx/Superfly
    Insulation
    AHE UQs+20burrow
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle+Dutch
    djminnesota, I really struggled with the included dryfly sack as well and would like to hear more from you on how you like your snake skin solution. Do you recommend?

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12'
    Insulation
    Snugpak
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I love it! It packs bigger, but its worth it. Snakeskins are tubes of fabric originally created by Hennesy Hammocks. They pull over your hammock or tarp, and they are packed into tubes. Then fold them and wrap the extra ridgeline around the folded piece and its all packed. It makes set-up and take down much quicker, and easier when its windy. Look around here and you will find alot of info on them. I believe they go for about 20 bucks, but if you have a sewing machine, they are VERY easy to make. Check out fronkeys profile for instructions.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    ENO HouseFly
    Insulation
    poncho liner
    Suspension
    Atlas Straps
    I have been using a dry fly for over a year and haven't had any problems. Just recently was on a couple of outings when it rained during the night and early morning and I didn't get wet at all. Last outing, we had some wind with the rain and I stayed dry. I do not run my hammock suspension through the tree ties because it does pull the tarp down on you. I use a separate ridge line for the tarp and depending on the weather determines how close I rig the tarp to the hammock. I am happy with mine.
    "A man's got to know his limitations," Clint Eastwood in Magnum Force

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12'
    Insulation
    Snugpak
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by fgbuffalo2010 View Post
    I have been using a dry fly for over a year and haven't had any problems. Just recently was on a couple of outings when it rained during the night and early morning and I didn't get wet at all. Last outing, we had some wind with the rain and I stayed dry. I do not run my hammock suspension through the tree ties because it does pull the tarp down on you. I use a separate ridge line for the tarp and depending on the weather determines how close I rig the tarp to the hammock. I am happy with mine.
    One thing i havent figured out is how to keep rain from getting in on the ends. It seems like the tarp is a bit short, and that the ends of my hammock are exposed. And suggestions?

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    ENO Dry Fly
    Insulation
    Thermarest
    Suspension
    Nylon cargo straps
    I just put the Dry Fly through its paces this weekend, hanging in a pretty major rainstorm for most of the night. The only problem I had was that there was a tree limb nearby that prevented the fly from being stretched tight, so there was a water accumulation issue in a sag point that developed. But, even with a pool of water, it didn't leak through -- I only got a little splash of water when the wind picked up and pushed the water off.

The wind did cause the lashing to loosen a bit. Those little plastic "buckles" didn't lock in the string tension with the strong winds we had, but that could have been prevented with a basic knot in the line.

Once it is set up properly, though, the Dry Fly really works well! The only real downside I have is the time it takes to set up and tear down with 6 stake points, and trying to keep the lashings from getting tangled when stowing it away. I'm trying to figure out an alternate lashing/stake system with maybe some elastic cord to minimize all the string length required. Anyone have any suggestions?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 Double / Eno Double
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    NA for now
    Suspension
    Whoopies Web
    I will be getting my dryfly this thursday with my bug net and will be out in the yard thurs night testing it all out. Will let you know?!?!

Should i use a RL on top of the tarp or have the tarp ride on the RL? I have seen both ways but was curious which is the best of the two.

Hang from the Tarp RL or suspend below the RL.

I will be using Amsteel blue for my tarp RL. and all my tieouts. (your thoughts on this) 7/64ths.

Hammock
    DIY DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    AHE New River
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Be prepared to replace the tarp lines. I bought a hank of techline from diygear for this.

The ones that came on mine did this... http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=51908
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

Hammock
    HH Ex Deluxe, WBBB 1.7 DL, ENO-DN
    Tarp
    HH Hex-mesh skins
    Insulation
    KAQ Jarbridge/PLUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I am in the same predicament...I am trying to decide between the Pro Fly & the Dry Fly..I have a HH Hex on my Hennessy, but I am looking at all options for my ENO's & WBBB. (can't afford Cuben, wife has me on toy restriction)
    ~Sonny~

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 Double / Eno Double
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    NA for now
    Suspension
    Whoopies Web
    I bought the wb superfly

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast