Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images

ridgeline storage bags

Here is a idea for you DYI'ers..I needed a new mushroom bag as I use mesh bags when hunting morel mushrooms to leave a spore trail thru the woods to propagate the species...and the wife brings me home from Walley world a white mesh nylon bag, 15" x 18" and I weighed the thing at 1.0 oz. You can take this and cut it in to, to make 2 ridge line strorage thingy's and even dye it black as its white,,its super nylon mesh durable..(briar proof) and she paid 99 cents for it even tho this link shows them a heck of alot more expensive..but for 99 cents figured you can't go wrong as all you would have to do after cutting them in 2, is sew them on one side only with the other on both sides if you know what I mean. Just a idea for you dyi'ers and thought I would pass this along.

http://www.walmart.com/search/search...h_constraint=0
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Images
    I just picked up one of these last week to use as an extra gear pocket on my pack. I plan to add mitten hooks or micro s-biners to the corners and attach it to the back of my golite pinnacle to throw wet clothes or misc gear into. for 99 cents it is worth a shot.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    oh heck,,never thought of that. that would also work on my wife's pack for her,,thanks for the tip.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    A wee bit smaller, you can get 2 packs at Target and/or Dollar tree for a buck. Dollar tree has green, red, blue, black and white; target has black or white. Both stores carry the laundry bags that have zippers....but it's not hard to add a draw cord if that is what you want.

We use them as our Bishop bags for our hammocks and suspension. Just burn a hole at the opposite end and reinforce the hole with some scrap rip stop nylon and run your suspension through that, and your done.

Hammock
    DIY SRL with DIY Bugnet
    Suspension
    Whoopie/S.Shackle
    Images
    Ahh... Morels. I found some great morels in the Smoky Mountains last year around the Big Creek/Midnight Hole area if you are interested/nearby.

Do you hunt for any other species?

Back on topic: I have found numerous items at Dollar Tree that work perfectly for backpacking/hammocking. My favorite find was a package containing 4 green mesh bags. They are superlight (a single one will not register on my gram scale) and serve as great organizers inside the pack or they will let gear dry when strapped to the outside of my pack.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ra1n1ng View Post
    Ahh... Morels. I found some great morels in the Smoky Mountains last year around the Big Creek/Midnight Hole area if you are interested/nearby.

Do you hunt for any other species?

Back on topic: I have found numerous items at Dollar Tree that work perfectly for backpacking/hammocking. My favorite find was a package containing 4 green mesh bags. They are superlight (a single one will not register on my gram scale) and serve as great organizers inside the pack or they will let gear dry when strapped to the outside of my pack.
    Found and using the same bags myself. TQ's in one, hammock in one. A little flimsy, maybe only a couple of seasons of use but at $0.25 ea. Haven't seen them lately though.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

• + New Posts