Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    I think this is referred to as "Natural Selection." ROFLMAO!
    Exactly. Any critter caught near my food bag goes strait into the cook pot
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    tough to do freezer bag cooking with fresh armored rat.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    Camo HH & CC LEX
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly
    Insulation
    Super Shelter/KAQ
    Suspension
    JRB Tri-Glide Set
    Images
    Last year during the summer I took my father and oldest son on a yak trip down the south branch of the potomac. On our last morning, we woke up to find that raccoons stole our premade bisquits, sausage and gravy. It was all gone, no where to be found. My son was so dissappointed that he spent 30 minutes looking for that raccoon. He is still mad at that raccoon. It wouldnt have been that bad except the night before I knocked the pot off the stove and killed dinner. I kept reminding my son as he was eating a hot dog that we would have the killer breakfast in the morning.

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    An entire can of instant beverage powder went missing one time. We could not find hide nor hair of it. We were in an organized campsite in a NY State park and there were a variety of scenarios that went through our mind. None of them seemed reasonable. We _had_ left it out on the table so we knew it was our problem no matter what. Well, as we packed up to go home we moved the canoe to put it on the car and low and behold there was the can. Chewed to bits, emptied and polished. Not sure what the culprit was but they were no doubt sitting in the hidey hole laughing at us as we searched.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    BB
    Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    te-wa Freeze
    Suspension
    whoOpie slings
    Images
    you guys think raccoons are bad? try its crackhead cousin, the Ringtail (aka ringtail cat, miners cat, evil demon *******)
    here is one hanging from our food bag, 6' off the ground and 4' from the branch above. It bothered us for 4 hours until I hit it in the head with a shoe. This loony equivalent of a squirrelcoon actually brushed my face with its tail and then dang near licked my buddy's face. Ugh. (yeah, I hang my food)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeinfhaz View Post
    you guys think raccoons are bad? try its crackhead cousin, the Ringtail (aka ringtail cat, miners cat, evil demon *******)
    here is one hanging from our food bag, 6' off the ground and 4' from the branch above. It bothered us for 4 hours until I hit it in the head with a shoe. This loony equivalent of a squirrelcoon actually brushed my face with its tail and then dang near licked my buddy's face. Ugh. (yeah, I hang my food)
    Thats halarious. did it climb down the rope or something?
    Cheers, Jay

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles

I fought these things at Bright Angel Campground at the bottom of the Grand Canyon. Couldn't figure out what was bringing them in, as all food was in provided boxes. Finally after getting up about the fifth time and literally grabbing one by the tail and throwing it, my ding bat brother in law said, "Oh, I forgot, I have bagels in my pack." That was a rough night. They are like racoons on crack. Relentless. I think I might have slept a couple of hours that night.

David
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by canoebie View Post
    They are like racoons on crack. Relentless.
    David
    Would that mean people would have to hunt them with a 12 gauge or just shoot them 10-15 times? (Sorry..bad taste but the idea of a racoon on crack is pretty funny!)
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    DIY HH
    Tarp
    black cat
    I think greatly depending on the area these critters have no fear. Its crazy! As much as I hate to give'um credit for it they are smart too! **** them.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123