Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    Darn Neo- I just posted what i did this 4th before I saw you post. Sounds like we did similiar things.
    yep,yakin and hangin is great,i cant get enough of it.neo
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Went on the Manistee river with wonderful wife. Put on Thursday night, got home late Sunday. Paddled 50 miles, hung all three nights. We had a great time. Lots of bugs!! 12 inches of rain there in June really added to the six legged wildlife for sure. Never encountered skeeters like those. They are now the new state bird for Michigan.

David
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Let's see.... Thursday night I went to a party and drank about 25 Coronas. Friday I don't remember but I know it had something to do with a bed and being horizontal most of the day and night. I remember watching all of American Graffiti for the first time. Good movie.
    Splat

"Well, it's one louder, isn't it?"

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Splat View Post
    Let's see.... Thursday night I went to a party and drank about 25 Coronas. Friday I don't remember but I know it had something to do with a bed and being horizontal most of the day and night. I remember watching all of American Graffiti for the first time. Good movie.

25 Coronas!! Ouch. My head hurts just thinking about that. Glad you recovered.

David
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”

Hammock
    DIY Wbbb Clone
    Tarp
    12x10 Cat cut DIY
    Suspension
    Ring Buckles
    Images
    Took my boys out for a few days of hiking and hanging. Did about 21 miles total.

Pictures
    Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time. ~Steven Wright

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB and Warbonnet Traveler
    Tarp
    MacCat Custom Spin
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ/Nunatak TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    This is a very busy time of year since we host an annual family get together and picnic with barbeque, swimming, lawn games, and this year two types of music... bluegrass and a couple of bagpipers with drummer (all family). This year the event is on July 12th and between 40 and 50 are expected.

This weekend was spent getting everything in top shape as well as watching a new kitchen floor being put down all day Saturday and half a day Sunday.

Being retired, every weekend is sort of a holiday weekend. It will soon be time to go back on the trail.
    Last edited by Quoddy; 07-07-2008 at 17:08.
    I my Warbonnet

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    DIY Cat Cut
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/ Pad
    Images
    Took the wife and kids to FDR State Park and took my three year old on his first "hike" then we went to Providence Canyon and hiked through it.
    "Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
    - Yoda

Hammock
    DIY HH Clone
    Tarp
    Pending
    Insulation
    RidgeRest CCP
    Images
    I was out for a couple days in the Gila Wilderness, it rained on us everyday. I used my ATHH for my tarp and it worked great. Very nice 4th of July weekend overall.
    [....] Our remnants of wilderness will yield bigger values to the nation's character and health than they will to its pocketbook, and to destroy them will be to admit that the latter are the only values that interest us.

Hammock
    DIY HH
    Tarp
    black cat
    Quote Originally Posted by canoebie View Post
    Went on the Manistee river with wonderful wife. Put on Thursday night, got home late Sunday. Paddled 50 miles, hung all three nights. We had a great time. Lots of bugs!! 12 inches of rain there in June really added to the six legged wildlife for sure. Never encountered skeeters like those. They are now the new state bird for Michigan.

David
    Haha, it has been crazy with the bugs this year even on the east side of the state by me. God did we need the rain though, how was the water level on manistee?

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by bry961 View Post
    Haha, it has been crazy with the bugs this year even on the east side of the state by me. God did we need the rain though, how was the water level on manistee?
    They were running at about the 85th percentile. Had previously broken records in June though. We saw high water marks 5 feet above where we were. That is a tremendous amount of water for that river. I saw more changes in June than I have seen in the last 18 years of running it. They got more than 12 inches of rain in June. 07 rainfall for the year was 15. Some areas west near the big lake got 11 inches in 5 hours one night. Ludington state park was evacuated. Been a crazy summer. Maybe Al Gore is onto something after all.

Back to the thread, the fourth was beautiful being outdoors, paddling, and the sun was hot. In addition, I donated a pint of blood to the six legged creatures of the earth.

David

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast