TTTG SB1.9s / DreamHmk
    Tarp
    HG WinterKingdom
    Insulation
    HG M50 Superiority
    Suspension
    MakinWhoopies Bob.

HG + Dutch, like peanut butter and chocolate

After my thread about the new HG Incubator suspension design took on a life of its own, and then I learned that the generation 2.0 suspension that I have on my Incubator has been changed to the generation 2.1 suspension currently offered... I sought a fix. I looked to Dutch.

I had my wife get in my TTTG SB as a model, and then I stitched in four plastic Dutch quilt hooks evenly spaced just outside the four corners of the UQ. Then I hooked the channel shock cord into those, with the cordloks to the outside. I can control tension with the cordloks and, because it's mated to the hammock, everything stays in line.

BEST... FIT... EVER. The four plastic quilt hooks weigh less than one length of shock cord that I would have used to go up over the ridgeline, so I'm calling it a win. Looks like this:

-Bill

"...the wolf shows up. Then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog."
    -LTC D. Grossman

Hammock
    WB Blackbird dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Clever solution!

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    I like it! Good ol' Dutch!
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    Thunderbird
    Tarp
    ShangriLa&BullFrog
    Insulation
    zepplin, burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Great post. Where does the shock cord in your picture go to? Does it tie of to your hammock ends or loop over the ridgeline?

I did something similar. In an effort to shorten the tie out cords, as per the other discussion, I have my ends tied off to Dutch Quilt Hooks that I have sewn into the bottom layer of my hammock (yea, I know... no-sew on hammock body, but its ok for me and HYOH ). Similar to what you report, I also experienced a better fit on the asymmetric. Also, it was nice to get the shock cord out of my head and foot area. Tying it off to the bottom layer, it keeps the quilt in line to the natural lay of the hammock rather than lifting the hammock up when unloaded. I found this setup a little bit easier to get into the hammock, and it is easier to estimate the hammock height during set up. There is enough tension on the shock cord to make the UQ snuggle the hammock when loaded. And, I am finding it easier to release and tighten the head end of the UQ so if it is hot or cold, I can mindlessly adjust it. I am still fine tuning it a bit, but I like so far.
    “I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.”
    ― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1DL & DIY
    Tarp
    8'x10' SilNylon
    Insulation
    HG 40* Phoeonix UQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Whoopies
    Excellent post!

body,

Could you post more pics, both close up and far away? Thanks!

Hammock
    TTTG SB1.9s / DreamHmk
    Tarp
    HG WinterKingdom
    Insulation
    HG M50 Superiority
    Suspension
    MakinWhoopies Bob.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnoreMachine View Post
    Great post. Where does the shock cord in your picture go to? Does it tie of to your hammock ends or loop over the ridgeline?
    Up over the whoopiesling, just like the original one piece shock cord would have.
    -Bill

"...the wolf shows up. Then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog."
    -LTC D. Grossman

• + New Posts