Tarp
    MC SpinntexDeLux
    Insulation
    MW3,Yeti,HGsb,UL90
    Suspension
    WS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadtorque View Post
    I really dont want to get another pad(or underquilt) just for hammocks. If I understand you right you really dont need a pad in the bridge hammock? I was thinking my wide/thick pad might reduce shoulder squeeze a bit
    The minimal shoulder squeeze I've experienced was minimally if at all reduced by replacing a 1/4" ccf with a ~1/2" ccf pad. Based on BillyBob58's experience it sounds like you really need to go thick. For whatever reason a wide pillow roll (20x7" stuff sack containing fleece jacket) pretty much eliminated the shoulder squeeze when using the 1/2" pad.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by koaloha05 View Post
    The minimal shoulder squeeze I've experienced was minimally if at all reduced by replacing a 1/4" ccf with a ~1/2" ccf pad. Based on BillyBob58's experience it sounds like you really need to go thick. For whatever reason a wide pillow roll (20x7" stuff sack containing fleece jacket) pretty much eliminated the shoulder squeeze when using the 1/2" pad.
    I dont know if pads come much thicker than mine at 3.5''.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by koaloha05 View Post
    Or at least wide, if you are also planning on forcing some extra width out of the hammock. The pad that worked so well was not only at least 2" thick, but at least 25" wide. I don't yet know what effect a 26" wide- but thiner, say 1/2" ccf- would have. I think my 20" wide 5/8" Ridgerest has much less effect than my bigger pad.

Images
    BTW, on the subject of the bug net: I kind of really like it. I don't want to say much about the hammock yet, because I have another and am in my 2nd test. I don't want to say much until I have put it through an un-hurried, and longer than last time, test. suffice it to say that I still love all of the things I originally loved about it, and the one thing that I had trouble with seems- so far- to be a bit more manageable.

But I really liked the net originally, and I still do. It stays high and away my face better than any other I have used. I find it attaches pretty darn easy. Of course, it is not quite the speed match of the HH, but then again it is removable. I find the net easier to work with than the Speer. My Claytor JH works real smooth with its zipper, but it's narrow aspect - when combined with a diagonal lie- puts my head and feet mighty near, maybe even in contact with the net. Which left me being a little paranoid of being bitten through the net, and having to try and position myself - or use something between me and the net- to avoid this. Of course, I had nothing but a tee shirt and shorts and no hat, because of the heat, so I had to make sure I had no skin in contact with the net. It might not really be a problem, but I was a little worried about it.

Any way, considering weight and remove-ability and the rest, I think the BMBH net is my favorite. Funny how we all differ on these likes and dislikes. I guess it is like how a certain pair of shoes feels great to one guy and terrible to another.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123