Tarp
    WL Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    HHSS/DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Latitude918 View Post

This is the pad I was going to buy for use in it. I usually use one of the entry level ccf blue pads.

Any thoughts?
    Not seeing any pad listed. Most pads will work though, just consider the width. 20" is pretty narrow and you may need to add wings or a cross pad to keep the shoulders covered. People have reported success with everything from the WW ccf all the way up to the down filled Expeds.
    Experience is the worst teacher - it presents the exam first and the lesson later. - Unknown

Hammock
    Hennesey Hammock
    Tarp
    Hex Fly
    Insulation
    Pads
    Suspension
    Stock Method
    I use a pad in my Hennesey Safari and it keeps me very warm and snug! Definitely only a 3 season set up though. Pad's work very well in the Hennesey hammock, well at least thats my opinion

Hammock
    DH Darien
    Tarp
    WB Edge/Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow, Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob3E View Post
    REI coupon: I think I used mine on a Hennessy when I got that hammock a couple of years ago. The hammock coupon took around $20 off of the price. If I had bought it from Hennessy, I think they would have thrown in a $20 set of snake skins, which I am now considering buying. Something to keep in mind if you think snake skins might be in your future.
    Excellent point. All the reviews I have watched online, as well as all of the folks on here, say the Snakeskins are well worth the trade off in price, for the ease and convenience of set up/tear down.

One thing I am thinking of doing, to speed up the speed at which the suspension is put up, is doing a clove hitch around a carabiner instead of doing the garda hitch around 2 rings.

Does that produce the same type of stress on the cord as the rings caused with the garda, or does that work as an alternative solution?
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Thinlight pad
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    I don't know about all that knot nonsense. The first time I set up the hammock, I used Hennessy's instructions. It worked, but I thought, "There has got to be a better way." That may actually be what led me this forum. The hammock now has whoopie slings, and I have no complaints about that set up.

my 2 cents
    your upgrading from a eno to a hennesy awsome job youve just went from a honda to acura

get snake skins super nice fast easy youd be stupid if you didnt
    build your own uq test it on on a hennesy enos are pain for uq in my opionion on how there made like i said test it see if you like it with pad or not

if your 10 pounds off from 150 im sure your within range limit of your hennesy get a top and bottom entry if you can well worth the extra hassle at the end of the day

to hold your pad down you can use a peice of velcro length wise run it on your pad and the upper top part of your hammock so it doesnt shift around on you or use 2 for super secure placement just member to use the soft side of the velcro on the hammock in case you dont bring along the pad

hope all this helps

Hammock
    HH Explorer Hex Fly
    Tarp
    Hex
    Insulation
    Big Agnes Ins Pad
    Suspension
    Slings & Whoopies
    I have only Big Agnes bag with a sleeve for the pad in my HH. I have also used it in an ENO Single and it worked just fine. The Eno Single was a little trickier to get in and out of though. It got down to the 20s on my first hammock trip and I stayed warm w/o an underquilt using the BA insulated pad.

Hammock
    DH Darien
    Tarp
    WB Edge/Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow, Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by profotoiam View Post
    my 2 cents
    your upgrading from a eno to a hennesy awsome job youve just went from a honda to acura

get snake skins super nice fast easy youd be stupid if you didnt
    build your own uq test it on on a hennesy enos are pain for uq in my opionion on how there made like i said test it see if you like it with pad or not

if your 10 pounds off from 150 im sure your within range limit of your hennesy get a top and bottom entry if you can well worth the extra hassle at the end of the day

to hold your pad down you can use a peice of velcro length wise run it on your pad and the upper top part of your hammock so it doesnt shift around on you or use 2 for super secure placement just member to use the soft side of the velcro on the hammock in case you dont bring along the pad

hope all this helps
    I am from Detroit, dude, Hondas and Acuras are dirty words. I don't even know if that's an upgrade or not. Lol.
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12