Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY silnylon
    Insulation
    DIY CLIMASHIELD UQ
    Suspension
    DIY hugs & whoopie
    Greetings in brotherhood from central California. There are few joys like those of seeing our youth develop into responsible, high character adults and having even the slightest influence on their development.
    Happy Trails to one and all.
    Enjoy the outdoors wisely and elevate your perspective.

Modified Penny Wood Stove instructional Video-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fPlHqsYy38

Hammock Wheel https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...09#post1035609

Another Really cool JC Penny Puffer instructional- https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...141#post953141

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    HH Hex / Noah 9
    Suspension
    Strap/buckle/rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoutmaster78 View Post
    So far, I have battled mosquitos, hornets, snakes, raccoons, squirrels the size of possums, and unruly Scouts. Just makin' memories!

We laugh every time we go! One of the funniest...this one Scout, for five miles (a requirement) did nothing but complain about how bad his feet hurt, his shins hurt, his legs hurt, his back hurt...of course the entire time, he was right by my side. I guess as the Scoutmaster, the other leaders ditched him off on me. For five miles, this scout let me know about every rock in his boots, how heavy his pack was...well, you get the point.

Finally...mercifully, we crest the hill back to camp...and right there in the middle of a beautiful meadow was a cub scout pack. And in the air, backlit by the sun, like a dove sent from heaven, someone had thrown a perfect spiral of a football! WELL! This scout took off at a dead run! Knocking down cub scouts, pushing leaders out of the way, and launched into a diving catch that even Lynn Swann would have been impressed with. He makes the catch, jumps up and spikes the ball and proceeds to do an endzone dance!

Now, I know that Scouts are not supposed to curse, but I will admit that I was NOT a happy camper at that moment!
    Amazing how the kids that can't go and do a hike , or the orienteering course and such because of a twisted ankle can get it together to play some silly game in the woods like Manhunt or such!
    DKPerdue

Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
    Ronald Reagan, President of the United States

Hammock
    WB RR
    Tarp
    12' Winter Shelter
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Welcome from Montana and another scouter. I hear you about all the camping days with the scouts. It can be hard to squeeze in the family and hunting outings. But they do make the campouts fun.
    We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. - Ben Franklin
    (known as a win-win on this forum)

Hammock
    WB Blackbird dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Welcome!

I too am a Scoutmaster and picked up my first HH a year ago. I spent a week in it at summer camp, and had the best camping/sleeping experience ever. I'm currently waiting on delivery of a new WBB, and my son is inheriting the HH. I've had several other scouts take interest in hanging, and I expect after a few trips this spring I will have more.

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    Sea to Summit
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Images
    Welcome to the fun! Great to hear a fellow scoutmaster's experiences. Love those five mile hikes. I have scouts just like that.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Delux Asym
    Insulation
    Windshiedeflectors
    Welcome from yet another Scoutmaster. I see another DIY project coming - hammock stand for those field camporees!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123