HH Expedition A-Sym (Zipper Mod)
    Tarp
    HH Poly. Hex
    Insulation
    HH SuperShelter
    Suspension
    ring buckles
    Images
    I "began" hammock camping by buying a Clark NA. Few days after that i got a hennessy expedition asym. Both were great compared to sleeping on the ground, or even most beds I normally encounter while traveling. The few people i know who rather sleep on the ground, no matter if not comfortable, are those who get dizzy easily. The hammock will swing you around a bit (not too much if in a hh or diy hammock with side guys) so you might feel some... nausea i think is the word.

Now concerning the hammock:
    The clark (or any top loader) i think is a nice option when migrating from the ground, but if not sure of the money spending, get a Claytor or a DD travel, which IMO look like the "not so expensive" versions of the clark.
    Have you considered a Hennessy Hammock? The main difference would be the loading system: hh is a bottom entry/loading system, the clark's is the same as in most hammocks, top entry. I guess the top entry is better suited for people used to tent camping where pad (if in cold weather) and sleeping bag are easily arranged and then you sit and lay on them, then close the zippered netting.
    From what Ive read in these forums, many people who begin with hh change to a Diy top loader verion of the hensessy hammock, or to the Clark/Claytor top loader type hammocks. Others just have many different hammocks for different situations.
    I began with a top loader and ended with a hh (After using the hh i never used the clark again) and im now thinking of getting the ultralight explorer model. Im also thinking of a small zipper mod for the netting on the hh just to have access to things outside the hammock from within the hammock. the hh entry hasn't been a problem for me (except for a few velcro scratches and "outside access") and I find use of top entry hammocks just a little bit easier when using a pad and a lot easier for access to things outside the hammock. Maybe a mod to put pockets on the hh as the clark would also be nice, at least for muddy boots.
    So I hope my experience helps you.
    Last edited by elcolombianito; 07-09-2008 at 14:38.

• + New Posts