1Tripod, I can see where you are going with this. I too like to (a hobby) research the ins-and-outs of everything I buy to make sure I get the right one the first time. Did it with hammocks as well. I just got my hammock a few days ago and it has turned out to be this type of situation. Have you ever heard of people talking about how great a movie or certain restaurant was, so great they would not shut up about it. Then you go to the movie/restaurant and while pretty good you think your expectations were set to high and you leave a bit disappointed. This is how I felt with the hammock. You read all these great things and expect it to be amazing and in the end its just a hammock.

At this point it seems like you have found a few great options. Just get one and enjoy it for what it is. If your looking for perfection and you are getting hyped up you will be slightly disappointed. After this much talk from the best in the business and you still need convincing maybe hammocks are not for you. Just my two cents worth