Insulation
    Pad

Neoair All Season

Anyone use a Neo Air All season pad in a Warbonnet 1.1 with the two layers for the pad? I know it has great warmth value on the grade and wondering how it would work in the hammock of it wasn't inflated all the way. I still go tent camping about half the time which is why I would like to be able to use it for both. Or is there a cheap warm pad option that works better for the hammock? Maybe a CCF pad...I'm new to all this!

Thanks!

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    ccf pads are proven, lightweight, effective.
    they are not anywhere near as packable or as comfortable as a down UQ.
    that said I always carry a pad, its part of my backpacks suspension system-small
    but good insurance.
    I've got an original neoair-not the all season-but for me it sucked in the hammock.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 single
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ, RevX TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    For what it's worth, my Big Agnes insulated air pad is inferior compared to ccf in a hammock. I've used and made it work but the fidget and fiddle factor is constant when I used an inflated air pad, even after I let out a considerable amount of air to help it "conform" to the shape of the hammock. That's, however, not to say you won't have exceptional luck with the neo-air. My 2 cents. MedicineMan is correct though, both pale in comparison to a quality UQ

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    Images
    I lay on the all-season neo-air in an outdoors store on the weekend. Wow, it is warm. I'm thinking it might be interesting to get one and make a WBBB-specific pad-extender to add some ccf wings to that baby. Then I'd have a comfy hammock plus a go-to-ground solution.

I haven't been happy with my down UQ so far, despite the raves on these forums. It is finnicky, single-use , susceptible to water, and the shock cord distorts the shape of the hammock, pinching it up. I froze to death because i didn't count on the wind's ability to render a UQ useless. I don't want to have to buy another piece of gear--a quilt protector.

Pads are easy to use if you have a double-layer hammock, multi-use, water resistant, wind-proof, and they open up the hammock shape in a pleasant way. It's just the small width of the neo-air all-season pad that deters me, and the possibility of condensation. Right now I use two 1/3" supple evazote-type pads, (similar to a Gossamer Gear pad, i think) cut and duct-taped together and then cut to fit the WBBB, with darts, and wings. Awesome, comfy, non-buckling warmth, good for afternoon hanging, but I've never overnighted with 1/3" of CCF. Afraid it might not be enough.

If there is anyone who has made an SPE to fit a Neo-air type pad and put it in a double layer hammock, I'd be interested to hear what your thoughts are. And Lundquistas, (the OP), if you go ahead and get the all-season, please post your review here, too.

Not in a WB, but i do use a large neo air all season in a jrb bridge. They were made for each other and the ability to go ground is comforting as well.

Hammock
    Dangerbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben/TRG sil
    Insulation
    HG burrow/leighlo
    Suspension
    whoopies
    I was reading this topic earlier so I gave it a trial (as I have an all seasons). I tried it first in my pad sleeve on my dangerbird then took it out and put on my 20* leighlo underquilt. Its actually quite toasty so long as you stay on the mat. With a pad extender it would work well (only need to inflate it a little too so it doesn't change much of the hammock feel). But then I put my underquilt back on....one word..heavenly! But for times that you need the option of going to ground I think its perfectly viable.

• + New Posts