Tarp
    ENO Pro Fly
    Insulation
    PLUQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Hook - Strap
    Images

The Power of Naps

There are now more documented reasons to take naps and what better way than to do it in a hammock.

http://michaelhyatt.com/why-you-shou...every-day.html
    There are very few problems we can solve ourselves, but there is almost nothing we cannot solve together.

Most often when someone says they can't, they are unwilling to try.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I am with you there. I wish there was a way to convince the boss that I would be much more productive if I could hang my hammock up and sleep for 5 - 10 minutes every once in a while.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I don't know if it's actually true or not. I mean, I read it on the internet, so it kind of must be accurate. Right?

Anyway, I read once that during the later years of Albert Einstein's life, he existed on naps only. What I saw said that he took four 15 minute naps every 24 hours and that was it! The dude had to have been using a hammock if he was able to function after only one hour of sleep for every 24. No wonder his hair looked the way it did!!!
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    true confession...I'm a napper. 10-15 minutes in early to mid afternoon. Wish I could figure a way to hang a hammock in my office...fortunately I can close (and lock!) the door (which has no window). Makes all the difference for the rest of the afternoon. Pillow hidden away in an office drawer. Once I had an office with a small closet and kept an inflated air mattress in there, but now I just rough it on the floor.
    Grizz
    (alias ProfessorHammock on youtube)

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    I don't know if it's actually true or not. I mean, I read it on the internet, so it kind of must be accurate. Right?

Anyway, I read once that during the later years of Albert Einstein's life, he existed on naps only. What I saw said that he took four 15 minute naps every 24 hours and that was it! The dude had to have been using a hammock if he was able to function after only one hour of sleep for every 24. No wonder his hair looked the way it did!!!
    He was a polyphasic sleeper. I did it for years and it actually doesn't take that long to adjust your body to a schedule like that (10-16 days) and the only reason I stopped was because my work schedule on cruise ships required me to work some long shifts, that I couldn't do it anymore.

Naps are great and if I could set up my hammock a little quicker while on hiking, I would probably take one during the day while on the trail. But, then comes the major problem of getting out of the hammock when only being in it for 30 minutes.

Fronkey

Hammock
    DH Darien / WB RR
    Tarp
    DW Dyneema/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    EE RevX / HG Inc.
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas / Mantis
    Images
    I'm doing it whenever I can, especially in summer. Got used to it at the army when you take a nap any possible moment. So far I just went into my car, now I could just hang my hammock - it takes less time than lowering the seat, if you go to the same trees everytime.

• + New Posts