DH Darien / WB RR
    Tarp
    DW Dyneema/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    EE RevX / HG Inc.
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas / Mantis
    Images
    I saw your pictures before, Tjalling. Looks like a great time. I hope we'll get down to those temperatures again next Winter, so that I can push and see how far I can go. I did some wintercamping at the Lukmanier pass a few years back, but that was in a tent with 3 persons. I will certainly go back there next Feb.

For what I understood so far is that if you have a 2/3 or 3/4 quilt, you must compensate with pads. I wish to avoid having to handle too many seperate items.

@ Harstad : Mat answered on a Sunday . Its true that extra lenght is definitively no cost issue.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
    Try looking at UKhammocks.co.uk and see if they have anything that appeals in the quilts section
    That seem to be quite good quilts, especially as you seem to be able to order custom builds as Harstad mentions. I guess that the best find so far. (The snugpak underblanket is a bit heavy, uses synthetic fill...)

Quote Originally Posted by Harstad View Post
    You also have the option to use a poncho liner http://www.asmc.de/en/Camping/Sleepi...ecktarn-p.html.

I recently picked up a winter uq from Ukhammocks for colder weather use. I have only used one night (-2C) last weekend. The material, fill and sewing seems to be very good, but I still need to tune it in to stay in place during the night - thinking of quilt hooks or similar. I ordered a custom lenght of 190 cm, as the standard is 160 cm. Being 177 cm tall I find 190 cm to be a bit short and is now thinking 200 cm would be better.
    Not sure about the PLUQ.. have read about it on the forum but i'm skeptical

Hmm, a custom length quilt.. nice idea. How heavy is that version of yours? The nice thing about a 'fulllength' UQ is that one might also be able to use it as a (top)quilt without a hammock..

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    Finally, the "local" economy has a different spirit here and I wouldn't be surprised - if you find a product - that the product actually comes from Asia.
    True that.. still i think its good to at least try

Hammock
    DH Darien / WB RR
    Tarp
    DW Dyneema/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    EE RevX / HG Inc.
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas / Mantis
    Images
    I just found this - don't know the guy nor his gear.

http://www.chroniquesanscarbone.com/?pages/boutique

Short resume : he's doing reports and produces some gear for financing.

Sorry I've been too busy.. Nice find there thanks, but i'm currently emailing with ukhammocks and i'm 99% certain i'll order from them.

After i asked if the underquilt could also be used as a normal quilt (in a tent.. as i'd like to test a 'normal' quilt vs sleeping bag sometime) they suggested they could add a neckstrap like on their TQs and add loops so one could lace up a footbox also similar to a TQ. That adds quite a lot of possibilities and is hardly additional weight. It also sounds like a great idea for MYOG quilts

Just some final clarification and i guess i have found my quilt... Then its just waiting for it.. argh..

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12